Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Let's do a post to get to know each other a little bit. 

Tell me 10 interesting facts about you! 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
mickstinator
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I'm similar with money. I had a very small wedding. Didn't want to waste money on all the extra stuff, even if it is nice and pretty. 

And I call myself an agnostic Christian. Life a journey, so I'm nowhere near my spiritual end; but ultimately, we're all in this together. : )

Quoting Nighttiger:

1. I entered my career field with the desire to build roller coasters. I'm still working on that one but I did get to work with jets for awhile (roller coasters without tracks).

2. I'm a soft atheist and I believe everyone should take care of everyone else because we are all in this world together.

3. I bite my hang nails as a nervous or bored habit. DH hates it.

4. I didn't get my DL until 17 because I refused to drive the car my dad let my sister drive. Once I agreed to get my DL, that car broke and I got a replacement 2 weeks after I got my DL.

5. DH and I both suffer from abandonment issues. I lost my mother to cancer at age 11 and DH's dad walked out on them when he was 5.

6. I was not only in, but VP of the engineer national honors society in college, but my graduating GPA was only 3.0. To get in, you have to be a Junior or Senior with at least a 3.8 GPA in engineering.

7. I can't stand wasting money. Even for gifts for others. I would rather buy someone 10 used books than 1 new one. I physically hurts me to do so.

8. When the boss is gone, the other engineer and I will sneak out and hold a meeting on the golf course.

9. I have to use an ergonomic keyboard at work and home.

10. As much as I wished at the time that DH and I could have a "real" wedding, I'm glad we didn't waste the money. It's only been 4 years and it feels like a lifetime ago. Memories fade way too fast!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM
You've had great world travel then. Sorry about the onion thing, you'd starve in our house, lol, we eat onions almost every day!!

Quoting deccaf:

1. My elbows are double jointed

2. I was not born in the US, I had 3 citizenships until I joined the Navy.

3. I have 2 grandsons, and my daughter is smack dab in the middle as far as ages.

4. I was married once before

5. I hate onions with a passion

6. I went to culinary school, nursing school, real estate school, and did electronics in the Navy

7. I am the biggest Klutz ever I broke my wrist tripping over my own feet.

8. I was a big ol' nerd in high school

9. I have really realistic dreams where I kill people. (weird?)

10. I live a block and a half from my MIL, and a block and a half from my oldest stepdaughter (The other direction)  And I love it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM
You are an inspiration as a survivor. Some never break that cycle. Awesome for you, it takes a strong character!

Quoting Babujai:

1.  I have a face full of freckles, but I only had one when I was born.

2.  I'm a 1st generation American.  My parents are from Jamaica and England.

3.  I am a domestic abuse survivor.

4.  I was a valedictorian of my 8th grade class.

5.  I started college pre-med, but changed my mind half-way through when I realized that I don't like people...especially sick people.

6.  I write poetry and short stories.

7.  I don't wear yellow or orange because they make me look jaundiced.

8.  When I was little my daddy called me Egghead Jr (like the Looney Toons character).  I thought it was because I had a big head and wore glasses but he told my husband it was because I was so serious, smart and mature for my age.

9.  I sang back up for a Christian Rap group in college.

10. I can't spell worth a damn!  Spell check is my best friend.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Haha, my DH was allergic to kitties, but eventually improved after several years of living with our (I found her starving and flea infested!) cat. So maybe some day, a long time from now!

My DH watches those channels all the time! Especially now that political season is over!

How many languages can you speak? My American boyfriend in college was fluent, in Spanish & German and was staring to learn Chinese. It was crazy, he dreamed in those languages!

Quoting mickstinator:

1. I am an identical twin. I love having the kind of relationship with someone that most people only dream of. 

2. I love to learn. My favorite tv networks are Nat Geo and The Science Channel.

3. I am a homebody. I can be bubbly and outgoing, but I prefer to be in little groups of close friends (or just at home alone).

4. I am a cat person, but my family is allergic to cats, so no cats for me.

5. I was on track to be the valedictorian of my small private high school when I left. I was on track to graduate in the top 5% in my public school of 800+ seniors when I left due to getting pregnant. I was determined to smear my high school career. (don't worry, I did graduate eventually!)

6. I like to wear jewelry, but I am very picky with what I think it cute enough to wear. I like simple and classic.

7. I was raised in a conservative Christian household, but I do not recognize with Christianity anymore. I am still very spiritual, though.

8. I sing a lot! Several coworkers have caught me mid-song.

9. I am hopelessly optimistic. hehe. oxymoron.

10. I have a love for language. I actively try to broaden my vocabulary on a regular basis. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Did your boys get brown eyes, I know I have seen pictures, but I can not remember, lol.

That is awesome to have such musical talent!

Quoting the3Rs:

Wow - I don't know if I can come up with 10 interesting things confused

1. I'm adopted - along with my brother and both cousins though none of us came from the same biological family
  2. I can turn my left wrist completely around 360 degrees
  3. My fingers are all double jointed which is how I got into music - doctor told my mom playing piano would strenghthen them and make them go in the right direction.
  4. I play every instrument of the concert band - and auditioned for the Chicago Symphony on flute/picc (but didn't make it)
  5. I'm a PK (Preacher's Kid)
  6. I'm the only person in my family (parents, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents) with brown eyes
  7. I believe my house is haunted (or maybe I'M haunted?)
  8. I'm very 'crooked' - had braces twice and my teeth are still crooked, fingers are crooked, have scoliosis and wore a Milwaukee Brace from 5th-8th grade - and my spine is still crooked
  9. I was in a sorority in college
  10. I've only been married once (for 17 years) but I've had 3 marriage proposals

Not sure any of that is interesting but it's the best I could do, LOL

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

1. I am the breadwinner. I don't have any faith that my husband will ever hold down a decent job, but I love him anyways.

2. I enjoy smoking weed once in a while.

3. I'm not a very good cook. My husband is a ton better at cooking than I am.

4. I like fantasy and sci-fi books and movies.

5. I love being outdoors but I never make time to go out and enjoy it.

6. I go to bed before my 5 yr old most nights.

7. My biggest pet peeve is when people use the word seen incorrectly. I swear no on in my city knows how to use it properly. 

8. I've fallen in love with comic book stories. 

9. I dream of moving out of southern IN but have no idea where to go. 

10. My 5 yr old has been getting on my nerves more often than I like to admit.  Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones.  

mickstinator
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Only English, but I know broken Spanish from years of classes where I should have learned how to speak it fluently and a little Latin. The Latin is fun since it bears so many roots to so many modern day languages. I WISH I knew more! I love words!

We tried to get a kitten about a year ago before we knew the kids were allergic, too. It lasted about a week before I had to give up because they were all so congested! ha. I hope when the kids are grown, I can just get my husband some kick ass allergy meds and get a kitty of my own! 

Quoting Marti123:

Haha, my DH was allergic to kitties, but eventually improved after several years of living with our (I found her starving and flea infested!) cat. So maybe some day, a long time from now!

My DH watches those channels all the time! Especially now that political season is over!

How many languages can you speak? My American boyfriend in college was fluent, in Spanish & German and was staring to learn Chinese. It was crazy, he dreamed in those languages!

Quoting mickstinator:

1. I am an identical twin. I love having the kind of relationship with someone that most people only dream of. 

2. I love to learn. My favorite tv networks are Nat Geo and The Science Channel.

3. I am a homebody. I can be bubbly and outgoing, but I prefer to be in little groups of close friends (or just at home alone).

4. I am a cat person, but my family is allergic to cats, so no cats for me.

5. I was on track to be the valedictorian of my small private high school when I left. I was on track to graduate in the top 5% in my public school of 800+ seniors when I left due to getting pregnant. I was determined to smear my high school career. (don't worry, I did graduate eventually!)

6. I like to wear jewelry, but I am very picky with what I think it cute enough to wear. I like simple and classic.

7. I was raised in a conservative Christian household, but I do not recognize with Christianity anymore. I am still very spiritual, though.

8. I sing a lot! Several coworkers have caught me mid-song.

9. I am hopelessly optimistic. hehe. oxymoron.

10. I have a love for language. I actively try to broaden my vocabulary on a regular basis. 

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM

1. I have two birth certificates.  I was born in Sydney Australia and have one from the Australian Government and one from the US Consulate in Sydney.  No dual citizenship though, since both of my parents are US Citizens.

2. I have an irrational hatred of odd numbers. 

3. One of my favorite sandwiches is white bread, miracle whip, american cheese and bread/butter pickles.

4. After I graduated college I lived in a tent on the side of "Monkey Face Mountain" (that's actually what it is called) and dressed up like a wench for a living.

5. Between my kids (both boys lol) we own four pairs of fancy wings and three pairs of play wings.

6. I used to have two pet ferrets named Fred and George.  <--Harry Potter junkie.

7. I was a bridal seamstress for five years and have recently started doing freelance alterations on the side.

8. I own three crock-pots.  I had four but my husband declared that it was ridiculous and gave one to my sister.  I use all of them.

9. I also own two salad shooters.  One in the kitchen and one in the basement in case that one breaks.  I would be lost without my salad shooter.

10. I started a blog and haven't told anybody about it because I want to get it going for a bit before showing everybody.

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Me too. *hugs*

Quoting Babujai:

1.  I have a face full of freckles, but I only had one when I was born.

2.  I'm a 1st generation American.  My parents are from Jamaica and England.

3.  I am a domestic abuse survivor.

4.  I was a valedictorian of my 8th grade class.

5.  I started college pre-med, but changed my mind half-way through when I realized that I don't like people...especially sick people.

6.  I write poetry and short stories.

7.  I don't wear yellow or orange because they make me look jaundiced.

8.  When I was little my daddy called me Egghead Jr (like the Looney Toons character).  I thought it was because I had a big head and wore glasses but he told my husband it was because I was so serious, smart and mature for my age.

9.  I sang back up for a Christian Rap group in college.

10. I can't spell worth a damn!  Spell check is my best friend.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Yes - I should have clarified.  I was referring to everyone prior to my kids - which I'm sure is a direct result of me being adopted (lol) but the other 3 adoptees ended up with blue or green eyes too.  I mean, brown is predominant, so it's weird that absolutely no one else has them from a gene in their history or whatever.

But, yes.  My sons all inherited my brown eyes and I LOVE it - it was nice seeing that connection.

Quoting Marti123:

Did your boys get brown eyes, I know I have seen pictures, but I can not remember, lol.

That is awesome to have such musical talent!

Quoting the3Rs:

Wow - I don't know if I can come up with 10 interesting things confused

1. I'm adopted - along with my brother and both cousins though none of us came from the same biological family
  2. I can turn my left wrist completely around 360 degrees
  3. My fingers are all double jointed which is how I got into music - doctor told my mom playing piano would strenghthen them and make them go in the right direction.
  4. I play every instrument of the concert band - and auditioned for the Chicago Symphony on flute/picc (but didn't make it)
  5. I'm a PK (Preacher's Kid)
  6. I'm the only person in my family (parents, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents) with brown eyes
  7. I believe my house is haunted (or maybe I'M haunted?)
  8. I'm very 'crooked' - had braces twice and my teeth are still crooked, fingers are crooked, have scoliosis and wore a Milwaukee Brace from 5th-8th grade - and my spine is still crooked
  9. I was in a sorority in college
  10. I've only been married once (for 17 years) but I've had 3 marriage proposals

Not sure any of that is interesting but it's the best I could do, LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN