Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Let's do a post to get to know each other a little bit. 

Tell me 10 interesting facts about you! 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (51-60):
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:14 PM
We've got a ton in common!

I'm a life long learner also. My favorite channels are The History Channels, NatGeo, Sci, Discovery, Travel and Food. I used to have a subscription to Smithsonian Magazine...the only magazine I ever read from cover to cover.

I'm a cat person also. My family's not allergic but my husband HATES cats, so not cat for me.

I love language! I love learning new words, the origin of words and phrases and how language changes over time. A fun website is www.word-detective.com.

Quoting mickstinator:

1. I am an identical twin. I love having the kind of relationship with someone that most people only dream of. 

2. I love to learn. My favorite tv networks are Nat Geo and The Science Channel.

3. I am a homebody. I can be bubbly and outgoing, but I prefer to be in little groups of close friends (or just at home alone).

4. I am a cat person, but my family is allergic to cats, so no cats for me.

5. I was on track to be the valedictorian of my small private high school when I left. I was on track to graduate in the top 5% in my public school of 800+ seniors when I left due to getting pregnant. I was determined to smear my high school career. (don't worry, I did graduate eventually!)

6. I like to wear jewelry, but I am very picky with what I think it cute enough to wear. I like simple and classic.

7. I was raised in a conservative Christian household, but I do not recognize with Christianity anymore. I am still very spiritual, though.

8. I sing a lot! Several coworkers have caught me mid-song.

9. I am hopelessly optimistic. hehe. oxymoron.

10. I have a love for language. I actively try to broaden my vocabulary on a regular basis. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting eatyourveges:

Quoting leahbeah143:

lol true. Www.projectsupermomma.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think :-)

I love it!!! I love seeing all your projects and that canvas picture is totally on my list of things to try!

Seriously, that made my night. :-)

TheJs
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:27 PM

1. Ive lived in the same town my whole life

2. I'm a school bus driver

3. I'm in school majoring in education

4. I want 4 kids, and currently have 2

5. I'm Bi-curious

6. I broke my neck when i was 36 weeks pregnant with my son

7. I love reading

8. I want to live in the country eventually

9. Monkeys are my favorite animal

10. my favorite music is Texas country

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:48 AM

My favorite use is actually so I can stay up later. lol. I usually go to bed around 9:30 since I work so early in the morning. When I'm off the next day I like to stay up and watch a movie with my husband, but I just can't make it past 10 o' clock. I'm not sure if it does the same for others, but it just keeps me up longer.

Also it's great for belly aches.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

2. I enjoy smoking weed once in a while. If I am really stressed I have found that smoking helps calm me down. So I'll smoke once every month or so

flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM
1. I'm the first (and still only) in my family to get a masters degree
2. My college career cost more than my house
3. SO and I have been together 9 years, lived together for 6 and still aren't even engaged
4. I enjoy playing volleyball but only if my team is decent. I hate playing on a crappy teams and losing
5. DS will be 3 in two weeks and I'm due with #2 May 5th
6. I work with kids who regularly tell me to f off or that I'm some sort of "insert nasty word". They also tend to throw things and don't care about school. I'm lucky of I can teach anything in a day.
7. I've disowned my moms side of the family. They are secretive and selfish and this has been very apparent for a few years, but was made worse in the last year hole my grandpa was ill and dying.
8. I don't really have any friends irl. I have aquaintences and am friendly with people just have no one I can count on
9. I was my parents only planned child. My older sister is from my moms first marriage and my little sister was a whoops baby.
10. I'm terribly in debt. SO hasn't had much luck with working the last 3 years and between that, our mortgage, almost $500 a month in student loans, and maxed out credit cards, we're struggling big time. I have a steady job that pays ok but I hate it and want to quit daily. SO finally landed a decent job at UPS but the pay sucks to start and it's only 20-25 hours a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting Bubbie0809:

2. I hate to clean   Me too

3. I could read books all the time, I love words I absolutely love to read. What kind of books do you like to read?

- I will read anything from classics to cheesy romance novels. I am reading Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich right now.

9. My favorite TV show is NCIS -  I could watch it all day. I love that show

I think I am an addict... LOL 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting leahbeah143:

4. I LOVE to read, and I am beyond excited that I've been hooked up with a publishing group who sends me books to read as long as I review them. I love to read also. How did you get into doing reviews?

Another friend on CM has a friend that's an author and was telling the group how awesome she was and how great this series she was working on was going to be. So I ordered the first two books on Amazon and loved them, so I liked her author page and started "following" her. Over the summer she was finishing up the third book in the series and getting ready to release a novella and sent out the word that she was going to start a street team type group that would promote the series on FB. Through that group I've become friends with her publishing group as well as other authors under her publisher. Whenever they put the word out that an author is looking for reviews, I am always on it lol So far they haven't sent me a book that I didn't like.

cryzmom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM

1. <3 my family
2. hard worker
3.dependable
4.lots of energy
5. loyal
6.good friend
7. giving
8.busy
9.thrifty
10.<3's every day :)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

1) I'm an Army brat. My dad was stationed in Germany twice...once when my brother was born and then again when I was elementary school.

2) I like to cross stitch when I get spare time (and I don't have little hands trying to help) I completed several projects when I worked 2nd shift but I've definitely slacked off since moving to 1st shift.

3) My brother and I don't really have a relationship due to the "I hate your husband" speech he gave me when I was pregnant with ds. Then he got mad at me because I was crying and told me "I wish you'd hurry up and have this kid so we can have a normal conversation about this" I was 5 months along!

4) I have an 11 yo pug that I got when he was 6 months old. He's been there for me for everything!

5) My dh constantly tells me he wishes he had stock in bubble wrap due to my klutziness lol. Not surprising since I've managed to break my ankle skipping and gave myself a black eye with my car keys.

6) I have read the entire Harry Potter series at least 3 times lol.

7) I moved from MN to TX in 2005 to get away from my ex-fiance and his boyfriend. The last straw was when the boyfriend decided to grab me by the throat, shove me against the way, start screaming at me while threatening to hit me. I still haven't told my dad about it.

8) I am absolutely terrified of cows. I've had people tell me that I'm weird but I just can't help it.

9) I was saludatorian of my class. I think it would have been more impressive if there were more than 12 people (including me) in my graduating class lol.

10) Dh and I are currently ttc #2 and I'm hoping that it happens soon. It took us almost a year to conceive ds and I don't know if I can handle that again.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM

1. I'm a lifelong learner and if I could, I'd probably be in school forever.  I love Discovery, Nat Geo, Travel, Cooking - any channel that offers some kind of educational programming. 

2. I love pop culture, which is perfect for the industry I'm in.  It annoys DH because he's SO not into pop culture.

3. I graduated top 10 in my HS class. I came out of the same hs as football player Vinny Testaverde...and even Telly Savalas.

4. I was originally a chemistry major because I didn't know what I wanted to do and I got a scholarship for it...I hated it and eventually changed majors in college.

5. I don't have a lot of friends.  People assume I'm outgoing all the time, but I'm really more of a home-body and I only have a few close friends who I've been friends with since we were kids.  It kinda makes life a little simpler.

6. I wasn't born in this country.  I come from a multi-ethnic family and explaining the background of it sometimes confuses people.

7. I had 5 hip surgeries before turning 5.  I was a case study and the surgeries I went through was essentially experiemental.

8. I'm great with other people's money, but suck at my own.

9. I bake.  I'm a baker who had aspirations to be a pastry chef, but put that aside.  I make cakes from home still if someone needs one. 

10. I come from a large extended family.  My mom is the younges of 8 and there are 27 of us first cousins total, so everything we do is always loud with tons of people.  Having a holiday dinner with just me, DH, my MIL and BIL make me uncomfortable because they just sit quietly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)