Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Let's do a post to get to know each other a little bit. 

Tell me 10 interesting facts about you! 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (61-70):
mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

1. I'm a lifelong learner and if I could, I'd probably be in school forever.  I love Discovery, Nat Geo, Travel, Cooking - any channel that offers some kind of educational programming. 

2. I love pop culture, which is perfect for the industry I'm in.  It annoys DH because he's SO not into pop culture.

3. I graduated top 10 in my HS class. I came out of the same hs as football player Vinny Testaverde...and even Telly Savalas.

4. I was originally a chemistry major because I didn't know what I wanted to do and I got a scholarship for it...I hated it and eventually changed majors in college.

5. I don't have a lot of friends.  People assume I'm outgoing all the time, but I'm really more of a home-body and I only have a few close friends who I've been friends with since we were kids.  It kinda makes life a little simpler.

6. I wasn't born in this country.  I come from a multi-ethnic family and explaining the background of it sometimes confuses people.

7. I had 5 hip surgeries before turning 5.  I was a case study and the surgeries I went through was essentially experiemental.

8. I'm great with other people's money, but suck at my own.

9. I bake.  I'm a baker who had aspirations to be a pastry chef, but put that aside.  I make cakes from home still if someone needs one. 

10. I come from a large extended family.  My mom is the younges of 8 and there are 27 of us first cousins total, so everything we do is always loud with tons of people.  Having a holiday dinner with just me, DH, my MIL and BIL make me uncomfortable because they just sit quietly.

My mom's side of the family is very large, too. She has 4 siblings and I have 25 cousins. Unfortunately, we're all spread across the states and I've never been very close to most of them. It's ALWAYS been something I wished was different. I hated having such a large family and barely knowing them. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

1. I'm a lifelong learner and if I could, I'd probably be in school forever.  I love Discovery, Nat Geo, Travel, Cooking - any channel that offers some kind of educational programming. 

2. I love pop culture, which is perfect for the industry I'm in.  It annoys DH because he's SO not into pop culture.

3. I graduated top 10 in my HS class. I came out of the same hs as football player Vinny Testaverde...and even Telly Savalas.

4. I was originally a chemistry major because I didn't know what I wanted to do and I got a scholarship for it...I hated it and eventually changed majors in college.

5. I don't have a lot of friends.  People assume I'm outgoing all the time, but I'm really more of a home-body and I only have a few close friends who I've been friends with since we were kids.  It kinda makes life a little simpler.

6. I wasn't born in this country.  I come from a multi-ethnic family and explaining the background of it sometimes confuses people.

7. I had 5 hip surgeries before turning 5.  I was a case study and the surgeries I went through was essentially experiemental.

9. I bake.  I'm a baker who had aspirations to be a pastry chef, but put that aside.  I make cakes from home still if someone needs one. 

10. I come from a large extended family.  My mom is the younges of 8 and there are 27 of us first cousins total, so everything we do is always loud with tons of people.  Having a holiday dinner with just me, DH, my MIL and BIL make me uncomfortable because they just sit quietly.

My mom's side of the family is very large, too. She has 4 siblings and I have 25 cousins. Unfortunately, we're all spread across the states and I've never been very close to most of them. It's ALWAYS been something I wished was different. I hated having such a large family and barely knowing them. 

We're all spread out too, but a good chunk of us grew up together.  It was fun, but now as adults we've spread out.  What's been great is the internet has allowed us all to keep in touch so even though some of us have never met each other in person, we're all up to date on what's going on in each other's lives and we've developed a good support system.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

We're all spread out too, but a good chunk of us grew up together.  It was fun, but now as adults we've spread out.  What's been great is the internet has allowed us all to keep in touch so even though some of us have never met each other in person, we're all up to date on what's going on in each other's lives and we've developed a good support system.

Yeah, facebook has helped me reconnect with most of my cousins a lot more than anything else. It's really fun to be able to see what they're up to on a regular basis. 

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1. I love watching DIY tv shows.

2. I am the third and last child and my mother's last chance for a girl, as I have been told.

3. I hate that my siblings live in NY and OH and I live in CA. Even though, I love it here.

4. My DH and I met on Election Day in 2005 and married in July of 2009.

5. I like to crochet but don't seem to find the time nowadays.

6. I have always loved my work but sometimes find it tedious and would like to change careers.

7. I didn't have my DD til I was 40 and DH was 41 (turned 42 the next day).

8. I am an All Things Considered addict and I blame my parents, especially my mom. :)

9. My DD is my joy and only shares my heart with her father.

10. It took me a long time to find my DH and I went thru a lot of frogs along the way.....but all that made me a better person and more aware of things that I can and cannot handle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mattsmate:

1. I love watching DIY tv shows.

2. I am the third and last child and my mother's last chance for a girl, as I have been told.

3. I hate that my siblings live in NY and OH and I live in CA. Even though, I love it here.

4. My DH and I met on Election Day in 2005 and married in July of 2009.

5. I like to crochet but don't seem to find the time nowadays.

6. I have always loved my work but sometimes find it tedious and would like to change careers.

7. I didn't have my DD til I was 40 and DH was 41 (turned 42 the next day).

8. I am an All Things Considered addict and I blame my parents, especially my mom. :)

9. My DD is my joy and only shares my heart with her father.

10. It took me a long time to find my DH and I went thru a lot of frogs along the way.....but all that made me a better person and more aware of things that I can and cannot handle.

I love NPR. My favorite shows are Radiolab and This American Life.

KLynneH
by Krystal on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM

1. I am a born again Baptist God fearing

2. I love to sing, especially Christmas music, it just makes me happy.

3. I am very shy at meeting new people but once I get to know you we're good.

4. I am not a big conversationlist, I never know what to talk about so I always end up talking about my kids.

5. I wanted to be married and have 4 kids by the time I turn 30.... I accomplished my goal, I have 4 kids the youngest 7 weeks and am 29. I generally abtain all my goals I aspire to.

6. I don't make friends easily because I will speak my mind and I wont change myself for NOONE, either like me as I am or stay away.

7. I love to read and my current hobby is crochet.

8. I am the youngest of six, my 2nd oldest sister passed away in 2011 unexpectantly in her sleep and have been having a VERY difficult time dealing with it as her and I were the closest.

9. I consider myself to be kind, outspoken, resourceful, and a good listener.

10. Born and raised in Texas and have no plans on moving. My mom is from the North and my dad is from the south so I have a mixed accent.

MansfieldMama
by Angela on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I teach AP English!  :)

Quoting WithHope:

1. I never sneeze just once.
2. I'm indecisive as can be. My daughter was 2 days old before I had a name for her.
3. I love breakfast and have been known to eat it for all 3 meals.
4. Before becoming pregnant I did not want to be a mom. I was never bitter about it, it just never struck me as something I'd do.
5. I married my husband 6 months from the day I met him.
6. I love To Kill a Mockingbird and as such was probably the only high school student to enjoy English class.
7. I've known my best friend 24 years. Collectively we've lived in 13 states and 2 countries, but we've never lost touch. We now live less than 15 minutes away.
8. Somedays I leave my phone at home just not to have it.
9. My kids have never stayed with a babysitter who wasn't family or my best friend.
10. I hate sports but love the Cubs and Wrigley field.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KLynneH:

1. I am a born again Baptist God fearing

2. I love to sing, especially Christmas music, it just makes me happy.

3. I am very shy at meeting new people but once I get to know you we're good.

4. I am not a big conversationlist, I never know what to talk about so I always end up talking about my kids.

5. I wanted to be married and have 4 kids by the time I turn 30.... I accomplished my goal, I have 4 kids the youngest 7 weeks and am 29. I generally abtain all my goals I aspire to.

6. I don't make friends easily because I will speak my mind and I wont change myself for NOONE, either like me as I am or stay away.

7. I love to read and my current hobby is crochet.

8. I am the youngest of six, my 2nd oldest sister passed away in 2011 unexpectantly in her sleep and have been having a VERY difficult time dealing with it as her and I were the closest.

9. I consider myself to be kind, outspoken, resourceful, and a good listener.

10. Born and raised in Texas and have no plans on moving. My mom is from the North and my dad is from the south so I have a mixed accent.

I am from Texas as well! I was born in Oklahoma, but moved to Texas before I was 2, so I got here as soon as possible. My mom's a northerner and my dad is a good ol' country boy, so we probably sound just about the same! haha.

I am so sorry about your siser. I have 3 and am very close to all of them. I can't even imagine losing one of them. 

TS9509
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1. I played soccer for 16 years, including college.

2. My husband is 19 years older than me.

3. Growing up I never wanted to get married or have kids.

4. My dream career was to be a race car driver, I race dirt track cars now :)

5. I haven't seen my natural hair color in 10 years.

6. I hate shopping!!!!

7. I love to bake.

8. My in laws have told my DH if for for reason we ever divorce he will be removed from the family, not me lol

9. I'm the favorite child and grandchild.

10. By the age of 18 I had graduated high school, had a college degree, gotten married and was loving life!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KLynneH
by Krystal on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM

What part of Texas are you from? I am near San Antonio

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)