Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cook Thanksgiving yourself or are you planning on going somewhere else?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 22 Replies

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM

This year we are going to my mothers, we usually stay home and order Cracker Barrel. I don't really get into Thanksgiving beyond the days off work

she_walk_softly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I'm making it..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

On Thanksgiving Day, since I have to work, my husband will be cooking some boneless, skinless turkey breast, as well as making some mashed potatoes and some sort of vegetable, rolls, and I'll make cranberry relish.  The Sunday after Thanksgiving, I think we're going to my mom's.  I'm not really sure what we are having, honestly.

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Going to my sister's. I'm not much of a cook.

leavinglasvegas
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I'm making it myself and between helping my mom as a child around 7 years of age and present day, it's been every year for 32 years, even overseas where turkeys are scarce I always found somewhere to get one.

That being said, I wish I was going somewhere. My kids are small, so I have at least 20 more years of doing this and I am sick of it already. Why can't I just show up, eat, and leave? Blergh.

WithHope
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm having friends & family over for homemade pizza and cheesecake.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Going to my mom's.  I've never hosted Thanksgiving for anyone but  my immediate family (DH and kids).  I have to bring a dessert.

campingmomof4
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I am cooking.   I love it. 

lostbxgirl
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I know I should be thankful but I am going AGAIN to my husband's Grandmother's house.  To eat super dry meat (turkey or chicken) and sit in her overcrowded living room.

jamberrypie
by Betty on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

This year we are doing something different.  We are going out to a restaurant to eat on that night!  And, we are all looking forward to it too.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)