Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Sleeping in our bed

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

Steph was sleeping poorly last night, so I decided to let her sleep in our bed.  She was so restless!  Usually if she's in our bed, she sleeps pretty still.  Last night, she was all over the place. DH went to sleep in the living room, and I got less sleep than usual since every time she rolled over, I woke up. (I am very aware of her presence when she is in our bed).  But she woke up in a great mood, so I guess she slept okay.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

When Baylie was little I could never share a bed with her, I'd get the crap beat out of me lol

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM

She's usually really calm when she shares our bed.  In her bed, she is all over.  Last night, it was odd.  I think she was having bad dreams, she kept whimpering in her sleep.

Quoting leahbeah143:

When Baylie was little I could never share a bed with her, I'd get the crap beat out of me lol

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I hope she gets rest soon. You too!

My DSs could never sleep with me. Weirdest thing, I would try co-sleeping all the time since I breast-fed but never worked. they would fuss and kick and toss and turn. They are both very light sleepers, maybe that was the problem?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Jackson has been sleeping in my bed most nights and is horrible about flopping around. Saturday night he started on my right side. When I got up Sunday morning he was on my left. I woke up a couple times that night and he was down by my legs one time and then the next time he was laying across the bottom of the bed making me scrunch up my legs lol. I guess he just scooted around me the whole night.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM

my husband refuses to let the kids sleep in our bed ever since we had a hell of a time breaking my older son of the habit when he was 1/2 years old. sometimes i wish he'd just give in, but then i remember how hard it is to sleep with a toddler and i guess it's for the best. i sleep with one eye open, too. 

LilAsMom526
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
After 2 years of my son sleeping in my bed I couldn't do it anymore. It took some effort but eventually me and my mom did it. It's nice to have my bed to myself no kid just me. Except for awhile now my son in the middle of the night ends up in my bed because he wants me. My parents bring him to me. I wish he slept thru the night without waking up.
flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I'm the same way with Logan he never sleeps in my bed bc then I get zero sleep.
KLynneH
by Krystal on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM

good to hear, my newborn went to bed on time but i could not sleep, I got 4 hours only :( could have gotten more if i could've gotten my brain to shut off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN