Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What did you do this weekend?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 11 Replies

We had Kindermusik on Saturday, and when we got home, we made a cinnamon crumb cake/bread thing.  It was yummy and Steph was so proud of herself.  Then, on Sunday, we made apple wontons.  They taste like mini apple pies.  So easy, too.  Just cut up your apples, add cinnamon and sugar, put in wontons, seal wontons with water, and bake.  Pretty healthy, too.  Here's a pic of her making the wontons.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM

yum! apple wontons sound delicious!

Did a lot of cleaning and working in the yard this weekend. My sister and I played with the goats for a while yesterday they were being hilarious.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
We played with the nephews most of the day Saturday.

DH replaced a light fixture & kitchen faucet.

I cleaned and organized the coat closet.

Boys are done with organized activities for now. We did do turkey crafts, cook and play a lot this week-end.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Looks like you guys had fun. We had a pretty quiet weekend. Saturday night we went to Sam's and picked up a few things. Then I went to the bar with my bro, sil and several friends for my bro's 30th bday party. I rode with a friend and we ended up only staying an hour. I had one drink and ended up so sick on the ride home :( Sunday we went out for dinner. Jackson ended up falling asleep on the way to the restaurant and pretty much slept through dinner. It was nice to be able to enjoy my food while it was still warm and to get to finish my drink all by myself lol. After dinner we headed back to Sam's for their early Black Friday sale. We ended up getting dh's Christmas present which is a Dell laptop. I told him he wasn't allowed to play with it until Xmas so it's currently sitting in our closet hehehe. I thought about giving it to him early but it's much more fun to make him wait :D

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM

It was a busy weekend here. I worked on my craft project. Finished one, have two left to do. I'm making little stuffed animal nets to control the mass of animals spread across the boys' beds and floor. They are coming out really well, especially considering I spent a whole 9 bucks for all three. 

I had two birthday parties to attend. My neighbor turned 40 and threw a giant shindig. They were outside partying every night this weekend til 3 in the morning. I went out on the night of the party, but definitely didn't stay out that late! I came in around 10. lol. 

And in between all of that, I met up with my mom and sister, got the house cleaned up, ran a few errands, did my grocery shopping, and baked a cheesecake. Lol!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I love when kids like to help cook! That's so great! :)

We went to Savannah, GA for my parents' wedding anniversary. My dad and mom were there on vacation, and we (hubby and me, oldest stepson who is in the Navy, my brother and SIL) surprised Mom and showed up too! My dad had a preacher lined up to renew their vows. It was cute. Fast weekend and now I'm tired from all the traveling (from KS). I can't seem to get my mind ready to work today!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Wow.  This is bad.  I actually can't remember what we did on Saturday, LOL!  I believe I just did a lot of laundry and a little cleaning, and the kids just hung around.

Sunday, I cut all 3 boys' hair, did more laundry, watched my Packers play (and win!) and then went to the movie Breaking Dawn Part 2 by myself - well, technically I went by myself but the theater was PACKED so I sat with complete strangers, LOL.

KLynneH
by Krystal on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM

family in the vanbible studydrowning in laundrywashing dishesfeeding babytoddler boy

Yep, that about sums it up.....

LilAsMom526
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
It was nice here so on Saturday me and my son played outside. We also watched football all weekend long. My son is getting into football like me and he's only 2 and 1/2:) my son also really loves bubble baths so we have two times a day or one. I love seeing him happy and having fun. :)
jurnee14
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

apple wontons sound great, I will have to try them. This was  a busy weekend, didnt even get any computer time,lol. Friday nigh was a friends birthday party, saturday morning was my sons baseball game( we beat the 1st place team!), then we rearranged the livng room furniture, and went to see twilight with friends saturday night, and sunday me and my oldest daughter baked about 2 dozen pumpkin pies! somewhere in between there I did the usual laundry, cooking etc. Whew,it was tiring,lol

Bookwormy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Sat we went to our family Shabbat service & potluck. Then we went shopping for Chanukah supplies like candles. Sunday we cleaned house all day long instead of going to the Dino Park because of F1 traffic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN