Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

the best part of holiday week at work

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

Everyone is slow, the traffic is light, and the phones are quiet. I love this time of year! lol! 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Me too!

Even with our still messed up train system, it's been empty and the streets are pretty clear and it's quiet.  I like it.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I like this month.  Next month, things go crazy with midterms and year end stuff at work, bonus calculations, people being upset about various things to do with payroll since Christmas is coming.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I wish it was that way here :( Traffic was worse than usual today but a lot of it is due to the people leaving after the F1 race stuff that happened this weekend. Hopefully the rest of the week will be quieter though.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I wish it was that way here :( Traffic was worse than usual today but a lot of it is due to the people leaving after the F1 race stuff that happened this weekend. Hopefully the rest of the week will be quieter though.

Oh, that's annoying. I once got caught in the traffic at Texas Motor Speedway after a race got out. Took me 2 hours to move a few miles! 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I swear I don't understand traffic here. I can't figure out why we have to slam on the brakes if a cop is on the other side of the highway! And why do I go from 70 to stopped for absolutely no reason?!?!

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Oh, that's annoying. I once got caught in the traffic at Texas Motor Speedway after a race got out. Took me 2 hours to move a few miles! 

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Ugh, I think that every damn time it happens. Or if there is a wreck on teh other side of the road. We don't need to slow down to 30! 

Then, on the other side of the coin, you have the speedsters who glare at you for being in the "fast" lane and only going 10 miles over the speed limit. People are crazy when they get behind a wheel.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I swear I don't understand traffic here. I can't figure out why we have to slam on the brakes if a cop is on the other side of the highway! And why do I go from 70 to stopped for absolutely no reason?!?!

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

1/2 my team is in Canada so they have already had their Thanksgiving and it's business as usual.  The other 1/2 (the US half) is cramming as many meetings, etc. as possible into these 2-3 days before we all leave for the holiday.  Ugh.  But, I'm not complaining.  I only work 2 days this week then I'm off until next week Tuesday.  Yeah!!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Same! I love the light traffic. Except the cops do too, so you have to watch speeds on the highways. I saw 3 people pulled over on the way to work :) And half our management are out on vacation this week! YAY

givenshl
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

along with only 2 work days for me this week...Such a Fabulous Week!

Quoting mickstinator:

Everyone is slow, the traffic is light, and the phones are quiet. I love this time of year! lol! 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

we may or may not have some flooding this afternoon so we'll see how the commute is then lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)