Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I can't like it, unless it's yours.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

I made chili on Saturday.  Steph looks at her bowl, says I can't like this!  So I made her a quicky meal and got my own bowl of chili.  She looked at mine and wanted some.  I told her it was the exact same as hers.  So I got her bowl back on her table.  She had two bowls on the table.  She ate half of my chili, but wouldn't touch hers.

Do your kids do this?  Not like the food on their plate, but eat all of yours, when it is exactly the same!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Jackson does this constantly! I don't know why ours looks so much more appealing but it is kind of funny and extremely annoying all at the same time lol.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Both the kids do this all the time! Just last night, I made Brody a bowl of the chicken soup I made. He turned his nose up. Later he walked up to Daddy and ate half of his! At least they eat it. Haha! 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I know! I make things special for her, because she says she wants it, and she won't eat hers.  But she'll eat daddy's or mommy's!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Huh.  I think I may have escaped this one - though it's been quite a few years since they were that young so maybe I just have selective memory, LOL.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Yes, but I'm putting a stop to it. DS does that with extended family as well, and they are happy to share their used utensiles with him! It drives me NUTS. I don't want your slobber on my kids food! So, neither DH or I share our food anymore. He has his own food. If he wants me to make him a seperate meal, he has to at least try 1 bite of the food offered on his plate. 

flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM
This isn't a problem for us too much. But he likes to steal our drinks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

LOL I think all kids do this at some point

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Not so much in our house, but they only have the option to eat what is on their plate :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM

lol...my moms food has alwys looked and tasted better than mine..even if it was teh same lol...however my kids arent like that....they dont care whos plate its on..if it LOOKS suspect..they will NOT eat it period. :)

TS9509
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I missed this with my ds thankfully!! It would have driven me insane lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)