Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drinking

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 32 Replies

Do you drink during the holidays? 

I don't really drink at all.  I may have a drink once a year.  Due to my bio father being such a raging alcoholic, I have a very odd relationship with alcohol. 

How about you?  Do you imbibe more during the holidays? Or do you maintain your normal drinking habits (whatever they may be)?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annasmom1234
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I don't drink alcohol at all-ever.  Part of it is religious upbring and the other part is that all of it i've ever smelled has made me almost vomit.  Can't imagine drinking something that smells that bad!

raegan1221
by Raegan on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I just drink on weekends with friends ever so often. But not very often..and yes I do drink at Holidays.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I drink, but because alcoholism is very prevalent in my family, I try to be very careful. I will drink in front of the kids, but only a little. I try to stay away from hard liquor and keep it to wine or beer. And I will randomly decide to abstain just to be sure that I am not developing a dependency. 

MansfieldMama
by Angela on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I drink very rarely.  I like a glass of wine on occasion, or a Bailey's coffee on a cold night, but I never have more than one drink, and usually only have one drink every month or so.  I just don't like drinking very often.  My father drank himself to death, so I'm sure that's part of my aversion to alcohol.  During the holidays I don't change my drinking patterns.

KLynneH
by Krystal on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I am like you, I might have 1 or 2 drinks a year. holidays usually don't change that except for new years, will have a glass of champagne depending on which part of the family i am with.

TS9509
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I have a drink maybe once or twice every couple of months. I do tend to drink more on New Years but not to the point that I'm wasted, just a bit tipsy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I drink so rarely anymore. I pretty much quit while ttc ds and now I just don't care to drink more than a glass of wine on occasion. I have gone out with friend's for special occasions like a bachelorette party or birthday but not on a regular basis.

emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I don't drink at all, ever...  I got drunk once when I was younger and it was the worst feeling of my life and I haven't touched a dropped since!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I drink beer pretty regularly normally, but no other alcohol. DH and I like to have a beer when we are going over charts at night. However, being pregnant, there will be no beer for me for the next 7 months and very limited beer for the next year beyond that while taking bf into consideration. 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I definitely indulge over the holidays. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)