Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you remember...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 17 Replies

What was your favorite thing about Thanksgiving growing up?

Mine was the cooking.  I always got to (had to) help in the kitchen.  I loved it.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mna_823
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

mine was getting to see family

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I never have liked Thanksgiving. I hated it more as a child than I do now actually.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM

It was just getting the entire family together - though that wasn't uncommon in our home...we had huge family get togethers all the time even if it wasn't a holiday, LOL.  But we always got all dressed up for Thanksgiving & Christmas which was fun.

I also have fond memories of the Macy's parade, my mom racing around with her fancy clothes, fuzzy slippers and apron while cooking, and of course football. :)

rissarin
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Traveling to be with family. Even when I was little I loved being somewhere other than my house with family I didn't/don't see often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

The only memorable Thanksgiving I had when I was a kid was the year after my mom passed away. Since we didn't have any family in the area, my dad took my sister and I up skiing for the day. We had turkey sandwiches at the bottom of the lift hill. It was a fun day and not crowded at all. 

mickstinator
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Definitely helping my mom in the kitchen. She'd always give us assignments. It's still one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. 

A close second was being able to officially start the Christmas season, which I love as much as Christmas Day.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Being out of school, and just knowing it was a special day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Cooking and family.  I come from a large extended family with tons of cousins.  Us girls would all get together and eat dinner in the kitchen so we can be as loud as we wanted and silly without bothering all the adults. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

We always went to my grandparents. The only difference from Thanksgiving and a normal weekend was that the family that lived further away came to visit. My dad's family was constantly having get togethers.

KLynneH
by Krystal on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM

We have a family tradition to where after Thanksgiving all the ladies (after cleaning up) would go to Garden Ridge Pottery for Christmas and Craft shopping. Miss that, don't go there anymore because GArden Ridge is not what it use to be and just basically sucks now, it's depressing to go there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)