Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Does your office let you decorate for the Holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 29 Replies

We usually can't decorate our cubicles.   This year they are having a contest for decorating your cubicle.  They are giving 3 prizes --Visa cards 100, 75 and 50.  

I am not doing it.   I know others around me can't wait to start decorating. 

Have a wonderful day,

Charlotte

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

It changes every year.  Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't, sometimes we have limitations on how much we can do.  Where I sit now is kind of tucked away where almost no one else goes so we don't usually participate in any decorating contests.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM

We are doing a door decorating contest.  I can't wait to do mine.  I'm going to do the dollar store this weekend to get some materials.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I wish I could. I asked last year about putting up clear lights or some plain silver tinsel. I was told it might offend someone...smh

TS9509
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! Our boss encourages it. He even lets us dress up for Halloween as long as its work friendly. We put our Christmas decor up Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a small office. 9 of us in the building, each with separate rooms. Our plant manager owns a Christmas tree farm, so he usually brings us a Charlie Brown tree to put up :) That's all the more festive we get though. Unless you count decorating the kitchen with cookies and candy and popcorn and pies.

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Our company puts up trees throughout all of our buildings, but I don't know if we have a cubey policy. I'm usually out of here by mid-December, so I wouldn't participate.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Yes.  Each area kind of does their own thing.  We are a private company, run by a Christian family, so all holidays are celebrated and decorated for.  All faiths are allowed to decorate.  We have Jewish, Muslim, Christian, and Jehovah Witnesses here.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM

In the office area, we can. In the warehouse, they are not allowed to. However, the social committee always decorates the training room since we will have a party there, and everyone is welcome to add their decorations to that room as well.

annasmom1234
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Nope.  We are not allowed.

happinessforyou
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this

"LET ME" or "MAKE ME"?  My boss just llooovvveeeesss decorating. :( I think it sucks quite frankly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN