Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Knitting/Crocheting Group

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

Some women at my workplace are starting up a weekly knitting/crochetng group,and they asked me if I wanted to join in too.  I've always wanted to learn how to do either, but most of these women in the group are already expeienced and I haven't given it a try in 20 years.  Do either of you knit or crochet as a hobby?  Which do you think is easier to learn?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I wish! I would love to learn! My mom tried to teach me how to crochet but I didn't understand it at all.

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I knit and actually started a knitting club at work as well :-) personally I find knitting much easier than crocheting but it's a personal choice

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I do both, and think they are pretty similar re: ease. You won't go wrong with either. I wouldn't be intimidated by the veterans in the club, you can do easier patterns and go slower, and still make fabulous things.

I prefer crocheting, for whatever reason. I never make time to it anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM

My grandma taught me to crochet when I was in middle school but I only learned the basic stitch. I'd love to sit down and learn some other stitches so I could do different patterns but I just don't have the time. I have a cross stitch I started in May that isn't even half done.

jerzeetomato
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I would love to take both back up - I was a budding yarn crafter when I was younger but then it gave way to other things.  Maybe I'll take it up after the first of the year - since I'm probably going to be unemployed :( .   My friend has told me there are tons of tutorials on Youtube if you want to look at some to guide you.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I don't do either, but if you want to try, it seems like a group with people who have been doing it for 20 years would be a GREAT resource. Go for it.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I used to crochet, but have never figured out how to knit.  I think crochet is easier.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I crochet, and have taught myself basic knitting.  I think crochet is easier, but I have been doing it for much longer.

christaberk
by Christa on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM
I learned to Crochet first. So for me it is easier. But knitting is easy, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN