Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Lost my focus

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 21 Replies
I am so focused on decorating, gift buying, baking, and spending more time with the family, that I can not hardly stay on task at work.

How about you guys?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Very much the same. The 20th is my last day until January & I can't wait. Since I work from home, I found myself wrapping gifts while listening to a company meeting. How's THAT for split focus! LOL!
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Same here. Unfortunately for me, this is not a good time of year to be distracted. Too much to get done and deadlines for all.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Me too, so many finals to grade and then the start of next semester. It is crazy busy! Good luck getting everything done.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Same here. Unfortunately for me, this is not a good time of year to be distracted. Too much to get done and deadlines for all.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I waited too late last year to wrap, so I am with you, I am wrapping as I but them this year.

Quoting the3Rs:

Very much the same. The 20th is my last day until January & I can't wait. Since I work from home, I found myself wrapping gifts while listening to a company meeting. How's THAT for split focus! LOL!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

HA! Well, you know, some of those meetings only require partial attention anyway! Sometimes when I'm physically in a meeting like that or when there's a part that doesn't pertain to me, I find myself making my grocery list or thinking about my son's boy scouts field trip or something totally off the wall. Hopefully I don't look like I'm not paying attention!

Quoting Marti123:

I waited too late last year to wrap, so I am with you, I am wrapping as I but them this year.

Quoting the3Rs:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Have fun with the grading.

Quoting Marti123:

Me too, so many finals to grade and then the start of next semester. It is crazy busy! Good luck getting everything done.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Between the move (new office building as of monday), finals, two presentations, two group projects, and Christmas, I have lost focus, too.  Add to it, I now have a window to see outside.  I'm sure once the "newness" wears off, the window will be less of a distraction.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I'm having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year, so I haven't had the problem yet.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I'm with you!! I'm so into buying presents and tracking where they are, it's become a sad obsession. Haha!
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'm getting anxious to go shopping. We haven't started other than when we bought dh's laptop. As far as I know we're planning to do Christmas with the inlaw's next weekend due to them going to TN. I think having the extra time to "window shop" has made me second guess somethings lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)