Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If your SO made enough, would you be a stay-at-home Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I dont think I couold.  What about you?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

WHile I would like to say yes, I feel like I would lose touch with my dreams if I did.  It would take a long time to get back to where I want to be if I left the workforce.  In the long run, that wouldn't benefit anyone.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Nope.  We've talked about doing it the other way around though...if I made enough money would he stay home?  He used to say yes, but he didn't enjoy his time home at all when he was unemployed and I supported the family.  Some of that may have been knowing that I was struggling to keep us afloat, but I don't think he realized how much he enjoys working.  Also, the feedback from friends and family wasn't particularly positive given the general views on gender roles.

mickstinator
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM

yes, i would. hopefully when he's done with school and i go back to finish myself, i'll be able to at least work only part time. 

aimesnyc
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

What I would do is this:  Stay home while he's a baby/toddler, and complete what I can school-wise (I would like to get my Masters in Social Work) at the same time, taking on more schoolwork when he is in Preschool and Kindergarten.  Once I am finished, I would then like to get a Social Work job. :)

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM

When DH makes his millions, I plan to continue to do contract work on the side. I don't plan to work full time or live on someone elses schedule, but I can't imagine walking away from engineering completely. Either that or start a business...or...so many possibilities.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We're actually planning for me to stay home the end of next year. I'd probably get a part time job close to home for some extra money but it more than likely wouldn't be for at least 6 months...unless I get too bored before then lol.

MrsRi
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

No, having a career is important to ME.  

mamoore83
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I would love to go part time but, to be honest I would love it if I made enough money for us to live comfortably with not to many hours and my hubby could stay at home. He's so much more organized and better at the home stuff than I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Lucy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Hell to the no. I need my sanity and I like my job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)