Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If your SO made enough, would you be a stay-at-home Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I dont think I couold.  What about you?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Nope, but the other way has been true for the last 5 years.  I'm having to make my husband get a job now.  We just can't afford healthy insurance if he doesn't.  Otherwise, while it's tight, I can make all of the bills with what I make.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I would work and likely full time or close to it. I would have a different type of job tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamberrypie
by Betty on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I was able to be a SAHM for 6 years, so I had my opportunity already.  Being back at work feels good to me.  Plus, when I went back to work last year, one of our worst nightmares happened.  After I had been working only 2 months, DH lost his job!  Thankfully, as part of his severance package, we were able to continue our insurance for 7 months.   Very important because I didn't get insurance from my job.   Now, with my new job, I have insurance coverage for the entire coverage, and that's such a relief.  DH is doing some consulting work, but still hasn't found a permanent job after nearly a year and a half of looking.

Quoting the3Rs:

I would probably work part time. I wouldn't want to completely remove myself from the workforce in case something happened to DH. A lot harder to get back into working when needed if you've been out of work for a long time.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Nope!! SO is horrible with finances .. so I'd keep working to make sure things were taken care of. Plus, I'm lucky to be able to bring DD to work with me so it wouldn't matter being a SAHM.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I've done both,sahm and working outside the home. As long as my kids were all school age, I would work. I enjoy the challenge, the satisfaction of having motherhood and a career . I might, if we fell into a life of plenty, scale the hours back to four days a week.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

My husband does make enough and I still work. I might not work if my husband's company had the amazing health insurance that I have.

BEXi
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

No. I cant stand it.

moroccanmommy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Yes...I hate some one else had her firsts
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He does make enough, I was a SAHM for 9 years. Now that they are in school I went back to school to start a career. =)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I would work part-time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN