Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If your SO made enough, would you be a stay-at-home Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I dont think I couold.  What about you?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
Josie_P
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

He does and I still wouldn't want to stay home. Next year, I will change careers, which I'm really excited and scared about!

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I stayed home for two years. Even though it is hard I prefer being working.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I don't have a SO and even if I did nope. i love working keeps me saneI love my son but I have to work. I work full time have weekends off spend time with him before and after work and on the holidays too. I'm good. Plus my job is flexible Incase I need to take off or leave early.
LilAsMom526
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:41 AM
You like Christian Grey I see from white collar he's georgous!

Quoting Josie_P:

He does and I still wouldn't want to stay home. Next year, I will change careers, which I'm really excited and scared about!

momof2ex1
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
If dh made our income combined, I would be tempted to still work at least part time. Without the added cost of daycare though, we probably wouldn't need me to work but I'm greedy. And i like money. On the other hand, I would not miss walking in to that office every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinahrp
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM

You know, I have been a professional for 10 years now.  I have taken time off w/ the births of my children.  With my last baby I took off 2 years, due to a high risk pregnancy and a premature baby.  I can not be a stay at home mom.  After a few months it drives me crazy.  I miss going back to work.  Personally, I love being a mother but being a housewife is not for me.  I need to feel the satisfaction and fulfillment my work gives me.  So no.  As a matter of fact I want to even further my education.  

Megan11587
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM
I used to say never, but now I would love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinahrp
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I think that having a job with good hours helps.  I understand the day care part.  I ended up getting a nanny for mine.  The kids stay in our home, with their things, plus I or my mother can pop in whenever.  

Quoting CampClan:

YES! I don't have a SO right now but if I was in a committed relationship & had the ability I definitely would! My youngest is 3 & I think being the one to teacher him all his kindergarten readiness stuff should be completely my doing- not the preschool/daycare he attends. And I feel guilty because I can not be there after school when my older kids come home. I want to spend more than 3 hours after school before bed time with them!

Monkeymama930
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I took my sons frist year off of work then I went back to work and my SO took this year off. We are lucky that we can do this and it's in no small part in thanks to my parents :-) My SO loves being a stay at home parent I don't think I want to take anymore time off work but I would not want to leave my son with strangers so I am lucky my SO wants to be a stay at home parent.
Josie_P
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:22 AM
He is so delicious!!!! Lol!

Quoting LilAsMom526:

You like Christian Grey I see from white collar he's georgous!

Quoting Josie_P:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)