Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

If your SO made enough, would you be a stay-at-home Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I dont think I couold.  What about you?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
LilAsMom526
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You make me laugh!

Quoting Josie_P:

He is so delicious!!!! Lol!

Quoting LilAsMom526:

You like Christian Grey I see from white collar he's georgous!

Quoting Josie_P:

He does and I still wouldn't want to stay home. Next year, I will change careers, which I'm really excited and scared about!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pattya925
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Lol, well, first of all, I would have to find an SO :)  If I did and he was willing and able to support us, I would likely work part-time (assuming he carried us all on his insurance as well).  I am an RN and would love to keep my clinical skills strong and stay on top of new innovations in health care.  Also, I have been divorced and though I am an optimistic person, I want to know that if anything ever happened to my SO - death, divorce, disability - that I could provide for the family.  Keeping myself in the workplace, even PT, increases the likelihood of that.  Not to mention, working is great for my mental health.  Having that structure in my day is sometimes all that motivates me to get out of bed when my depression is full-speed ahead.

CampClan
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Well luckily I work at the daycare he atttends. Actually I was there 2 years before he was born. I get a perk on childcare too. And since we got bought out by a bigger company they provide an awesome discount & I will be able to get off PA for childcare.

I have to work 8-5 because I have middle school students who I can not trust to get out the door by themselves. If it weren't for that then I would be able to work earlier hours.

Quoting dinahrp:

I think that having a job with good hours helps.  I understand the day care part.  I ended up getting a nanny for mine.  The kids stay in our home, with their things, plus I or my mother can pop in whenever.  

Quoting CampClan:

YES! I don't have a SO right now but if I was in a committed relationship & had the ability I definitely would! My youngest is 3 & I think being the one to teacher him all his kindergarten readiness stuff should be completely my doing- not the preschool/daycare he attends. And I feel guilty because I can not be there after school when my older kids come home. I want to spend more than 3 hours after school before bed time with them!

crazymama1008
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

My husband makes enough for us to live on, but not so comfortably. I don't make a lot I only bring home about 1000-1200 a month but it is looking good on my resume and I will be able to switch work-places and make 4+ dollars and hour more w/ the experience I am getting as a center director! :-)

dinahrp
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM

That is awesome you can watch your kids too.  And the discount is cool too.

Quoting CampClan:

Well luckily I work at the daycare he atttends. Actually I was there 2 years before he was born. I get a perk on childcare too. And since we got bought out by a bigger company they provide an awesome discount & I will be able to get off PA for childcare.

I have to work 8-5 because I have middle school students who I can not trust to get out the door by themselves. If it weren't for that then I would be able to work earlier hours.

Quoting dinahrp:

I think that having a job with good hours helps.  I understand the day care part.  I ended up getting a nanny for mine.  The kids stay in our home, with their things, plus I or my mother can pop in whenever.  

Quoting CampClan:

YES! I don't have a SO right now but if I was in a committed relationship & had the ability I definitely would! My youngest is 3 & I think being the one to teacher him all his kindergarten readiness stuff should be completely my doing- not the preschool/daycare he attends. And I feel guilty because I can not be there after school when my older kids come home. I want to spend more than 3 hours after school before bed time with them!

x2kidsn1bendux
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM

No. I stayed at home when my kiddos where both born and have found out I need a job to stay sane.

Diatech12
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I have for the last 6yrs while my dh was in the army. We decided it was what was best at the time for our family. I had no work experience and was not getting hired despite trying. When we knew for sure he was getting out I went to a technical program for dialysis which ended just before his deployent started. I moved to our home town with our boys so I could work and pay less expensive daycare, enabiling us to save all of what dh made.

That's when I realized being a sahm was not what I wanted lol!

Dh is now a sahd while I work until he starts college and he is already going crazy. No matter salary neither of us will be stay at home people lol!
AliKatCam
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

He does and I still won't. I would be freaking bored

flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I would stay home for a few years. Maybe working part time (15 hours a week) somewhere that doesn't take a lot of mental effort.
CrazedMomof2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Strangers don't care for my kids.

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

I would only stay hom b/c I don't want stragners taking care of my babies. My husband is a SAHD.

But I would work part time so I could get out of the house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)