Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor sweetie!--UPDATED

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

Steph, once again, has the start of an ear infection.  She also has a nasty little cold.  So antibiotics again, possible side effects include diarrhea.  Yay.  (sarcasm)  I slept in her bed with her last night to keep her propped up so the ear wouldn't hurt too bad and also to keep the congestion draining instead of pooling, making her cough.  No one slept well in my house last night.  But this morning, Steph told me she liked me sleeping in her bed.

UPDATE---

Steph got home last night from school and went directly to her room, all on her own.  She napped for about and hour and a half.  I had to wake her for dinner.  She then went back to sleep about and hour and a half later, after a bath, etc.  She slept pretty well with much less coughing.  Hopefully she will be all better soon.  If not, I am cancelling our attendance at the birthday party she was invited to for Sunday.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Poor Steph! I hope she feels better soon :(

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Poor little girl. :(
I hope she feels better soon and everyone gets some sleep!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

She has this history of ear infections, but she doesn't present normal symptoms.  We have to be very in tune with her to catch it.  And with this cold, it's just miserable for us.  Last night, she could hardly eat her dinner without choking from coughing so much.  Hopefully, she gets over this soon.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I hope she feels better soon. Lex just had a double ear infection about a month ago. Only his second of his life, but it sucked :( DH actually took him to the Dr at the start, but they sent him home saying it was nothing. Two days later we were back to get antibiotics :(

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Steph had tubes put in at 6  months.  She still has one in, and the ear that it has come out of is the one that keeps getting infections.  It's been a while since her last, though, so that's good news.

Quoting Nighttiger:

I hope she feels better soon. Lex just had a double ear infection about a month ago. Only his second of his life, but it sucked :( DH actually took him to the Dr at the start, but they sent him home saying it was nothing. Two days later we were back to get antibiotics :(

flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Hope she's feeling better and y'all get some sleep tonight
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I'm sorry. Silly question, but if she continues to get ear infections whould they put another tube in?

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Yes. But the frequency is decreasing, so it's a wait and see situation.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm sorry. Silly question, but if she continues to get ear infections whould they put another tube in?

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)