Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I work full time and haven't figured out a good routine for me and my cleaning. I have a little one in place right now but doesn't keep my whole house clean like I want it to and I don't want to spend my one day off a week cleaning the whole house like I did today. Dh isn't much help when it come to cleaning either. I ask him to do one thing and it takes him days to actually do it. My kids help a little but they are 5 and 7. They clean their room help with putting laundry away and my oldest takes the bathroom trash out.

In the mornings I do at least 1 load of laundry and try to out the dishes away while the kids are getting ready for school. Then when I get home from work I do the dishes while I'm cooking dinner and I pick up the kitchen. And after dinner if I'm not to tired I try to pick up the living room.

Just wondering what's your daily routine? I wake up about half and hour to an hour before the kids and I go to bed any time an hour to 3 hours after the kids go to bed and still my house is a wreck!

Help me please!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Replies (11-16):
Steph925
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I have tried fly lady an just doesn't work for me. Don't know what about it but I just can't get into it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pattya925
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I use the components that work for me... I think what I like most is the positivity.  And tackling things in short bursts.  I have physical health issues and a full house deep clean is often not a possibility, so her concept of 15 min at a time and focus on your accomplishments leaves me feeling less overwhelmed.

Quoting Steph925:

I have tried fly lady an just doesn't work for me. Don't know what about it but I just can't get into it

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Our house is a constant whirlwind of people coming and going. There's no routine. The kids are each given a weekly chore (they are teenagers) and they are responsible for completing that chore at some point during the week, when it works in their schedules. This would be like vacuum or something like that. I do a more detailed cleaning on the weekends (bathroom, dusting the places the kids don't do). Everyone is in charge of keeping their own stuff picked up and for the most part they do a good job. Because we are all coming and going at different times, we rarely eat dinner together. If we do, DH picks a kid to help him with dishes. If we eat separately, the last person to eat cleans up. There's only so much you can do. Sometimes the most important thing to do is to relax and not let it get to you!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I'm planning to hire a house cleaner at the start of the year to come in once or twice a month. Seriously, I can't keep up. Between all of our jobs / businesses and kids, the house is the last of my priorities.

celticgodess
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM

sounds like yours but I try to budget for a once a month cleaning lady to come in and pick up the slack ($90)

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I mean there is really only so much you can do when dad aint helping lol...you are one person and like you said..the kids are small...they can only do so much.  

I actually used to take a few sips of energy drink after work to push me...but I realized that this was not a healthy thing over time.

Now I just do one thing at a time...one section of the house at  time..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)