Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sleepy :(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

Jackson ended up sick last night. He threw up around 7 and we thought it was a one time thing so we went to the grocery store an hour later. On the way there he fell asleep. After getting him out of the truck I was walking towards DH who had grabbed one of those car carts. Next thing I know Jackson's throwing up. We got back in the truck and headed home where he basically threw up every half hour to an hour until almost 2 this morning. I did manage to get a little Pedialyte and water in him but most of it came back up. He did wake me up a couple times for a drink and thankfully he managed to keep it down after that. He's not running a fever so we're kind of wondering if maybe he got food poisoning from the fish fil grilled Sunday night. We ended up sleeping on just the mattress pad and I threw another blanket under him just in case. The rest of our bedding (including the stuff off his bed) ended up in the washer. Poor guy was so upset everytime he threw up which made him throw up harder :( I'm seriously starting to wish I'd called off and stayed home in bed.

Update: Jackson didn't get up until almost 10 this morning which is about an hour later than normal. My mil texted to see if I wanted her to wake him up. I told her no because he needs the sleep after being up so late. My mil just called to tell me that Jackson just threw up again :( Fil was on his way to the store for some more Pedialyte and Gatorade. I really hope this passes soon.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Steph has done that a couple times. We ended up getting her pills that stop vomiting. It's horrible when they just don't understand why they feel so yucky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Poor little boy! The tummy troubles are the worst kind of sick, especially for little kids. Hope he feels better soon and hope you can get some rest!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Poor little boy. And mommy. That's always tough. :(
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM

aw poor baby! I hope he's feeling better soon!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Poor family! Sounds like a rough night

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Bump for update

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Stay away from all dairy products for at least 48 hours to let his little tummy settle down. Dairy products can aggravate the lining of his stomach and make his virus much worse and he will continue to throw up. Their little tummies are much more sensitve than us as adults. When he is able to keep liquids down, give him BRAT diet, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast/crackers for a few days. This will help his little stomach to heal. Yogurt is also good, even though it is dairy, it will not irritate his stomach, but has probiotics to help him heal. I hope he feels better soon!

flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Poor kiddo. Hope he's feeling better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)