Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not the best way to wake up

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 23 Replies

Sometime around midnight-ish I was tossing and turning a bit and stuck my foot out of the blankets because I was getting too warm.  As I stuck my foot out it ran into something - no - it ran into someONE.  It's pitch black, eerily quiet and my foot is touching a person standing by my bed.

Yeah.

I yelled out - who's in here!?  (remember I was mostly asleep and not all with it)

Then my 6 year started bawling because I scared him.

Ugh.  WHY do they just stand there?  Whenever they come in at night (which granted isn't very often) they don't try to wake me up...they just stand there until I do.

Later on - around 5:00am - I woke up again - still pitch black - but had the sense that someone was there.  Then all of a sudden this deep voice says, "Do you want some breakfast?".

It was my 13 year old who brought me a bowl of cereal...but again just stood there until I was waking up.

Ahh!  crazy kids!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Oh my goodness! Poking my foot out and hitting a person would totally freak me out!

Ours don't just come in our room. They knock, even in the middle of the night and even when they're sick and need someone RIGHT NOW.....they knock and wait for us to hear it. I'm not sure why they don't just come on in.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM
That would freak me out. Thankfully, Steph stays in her bed and calls out to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

If my kids come in my room they usually come crying as loud as they can.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Yikes! Jackson usually grabs my arm to wake me up. Other times he'll try to shove my glasses on my face.

mynewlife2012
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM
My DD either just climbs up in my bed or rest her head on the edge of the bed and looks at me.. So I wake up and see two big eyes in the dark looking at me. WICKED SCARY lol
rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Haha!! Oh man! I would have had a heart attack or two!
leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

lol! my daughter used to do that when she was younger it was terrifying!

Cafe Jenn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

My boys do that when they're not actually crawling into our bed. 

Some how they are able to quietly crawl into our bed and I'm not able to realize it until I've rolled onto one of them. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

LMAO. I think you need to add some dim light to your room! We havea  humidifier in ours that emits a dim on light when running, so its not totally black. 

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM

At any other time they do knock - it's a standing rule.  But there's just something about middle of the night visits that makes them walk right in - and be 'stealthy' about it, LOL!

Fortunately, they don't do it very often!

Quoting adamsmom0116:ly

Oh my goodness! Poking my foot out and hitting a person would totally freak me out!

Ours don't just come in our room. They knock, even in the middle of the night and even when they're sick and need someone RIGHT NOW.....they knock and wait for us to hear it. I'm not sure why they don't just come on in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)