• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follow up Dr's Appt

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

Steph had an ear infection (AGAIN) last week.  We had the follow up today.  Still there, but likely due to not being able to get her to take her medicine.  She will spit it out and fight like a lion.  I asked the Dr. for a different flavor or a chewable, something, anything!!  She is getting a chewable, and hopefully that will work. 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Hope the chewable goes over better and it goes away.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Hopefully it works. DS refused his last time for the first few times so we had to hold his mouth until he took it. Sounds terrible, but he started to feel better immediately and once he started to feel better, he was much happier to take it. Actually, a week after the medicine was done he cracked me up becuase he coughed, and then told me he needed medicine because he coughed and wanted the cough to go away. 

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

She takes benadryl and tylenol just fine.  But the flavor of this medicine must be horrible!  Unfortunately, I cannot taste to see how bad it is, because I am allergic to it.  I'm lucky I haven't gotten any in me when she spits it out.

Quoting Nighttiger:

Hopefully it works. DS refused his last time for the first few times so we had to hold his mouth until he took it. Sounds terrible, but he started to feel better immediately and once he started to feel better, he was much happier to take it. Actually, a week after the medicine was done he cracked me up becuase he coughed, and then told me he needed medicine because he coughed and wanted the cough to go away. 

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM

oh wow...my kids do well with taking meds...didnt know they had chewables...I hope this works out better for you.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

You and me both!

Quoting strongerwtime:

oh wow...my kids do well with taking meds...didnt know they had chewables...I hope this works out better for you.

flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM
DS had chewables and said they tasted like strawberries. They smelled awful though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She took it!!!! No problems!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Yay! Glad the switch worked!

Mireya926
by Mire on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

oh my, hope she feels better. My son was like that in his 2's we had to have a team to grab leg and arms and all. Some how he got over it. Can't remember what I did to get im take it with out a fight/

christaberk
by Christa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)