• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day care / Teachers gifts

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

I know we've discussed this before, but I'm still at a loss and I have 3 days. What are you doing for day care / teachers gifts this year?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I sent an edible arrangement.  They got it yesterday and loved it.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but would it be totally tacky to give someone a groupon deal that you paid for? For example, there is an Indian resturant that is close by. I would love to give a Groupon deal where I pay $20 and they get $40 worth of food. However, I feel like that looks "tacky" that I'm not spending the full $40. But, I HATE wasting money and it feels like not doing that I either only give a card for $20 or I pay the full $40 and waste $20 just because. 

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

go to biglots and get those single chrsitmas cookies in a can....its festive enough...and they are only 2 dollars...get a handful and pass them out :)

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

OOOOR get some holiday tea can sets...and then separate them out...save money...BIGLOTS.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I made a batch of poppyseed bread that made 3 loaves, and a batch of 9-bean soup mix that made 10 meals. Put the soup mix in a cute little holiday goodie bag with the cooking instructions and tah-dah! Gave each teacher a loaf of bread and a baggie of 1 meal of soup mix.

I don't like to do trinkets or mugs or something like that for teachers because I'm sure they get plenty of that type of thing. I'm hopeful they can at least eat the bread and get a meal out of the soup. I might also mention that we live in a very rural area and we know the teachers. I wouldn't give them food if we didn't know them well enough to know that our food is "safe" if you know what I mean.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I'm giving them homemade candy and Starbucks gift cards.

flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I got them each a water cup and put those single serve drink packets inside. Plus a cookie tray from Cookie Expressions for the extra float staff
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Love it! :)

Quoting flutter523:

I got them each a water cup and put those single serve drink packets inside. Plus a cookie tray from Cookie Expressions for the extra float staff

rissarin
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

My daughter's teachers are getting travel coffee mugs with a pack of hot cocoa inside.

Mireya926
by Mire on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

gift cards always work, mugs, box of chocolates, and flowers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)