Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your two biggest pet peeves?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  • 28 Replies

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Self righteousness

Self pity
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Lateness

not doing things that you promised (if you didn't want to do blank, you should have just said no)

Bmat
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

people not doing the job they were hired for (if you are working in a public contact job then you should be able to be polite to the public)

people being mean to their children in stores when the children are just tired.

momof2ex1
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Eating at your desk

Add that one above and then not clocking out while you eat but then going and taking an hour lunch off campus. There are 10 of us (accounting and purchasing) that share an office, divided by cubical walls so in this set up I think it is rude and disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Not changing the toilet paper roll when it's empty (or nearly empty)

People touching stuff on my desk
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Not washing hands after using the bathroom.

Someone speaking when I am speaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

People who act like they're entitled to everything even if they've done nothing to deserve it - my bro is great at this one

Not taking out a new roll of tp. We only put it on the counter since the roll thing is in a really awkward place.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I can't stand people who say "uh...um...like.." ALL the time.  I work with quite a few people who do that, and meetings with them are excruciating.

Being fake - those who obviously are sucking up/schmoozing, or are overly emotional about things to the point you can tell it's just for show.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Tardiness. I was raised under this philosophy: If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late, and if you're late you're left. I do apply this with my DH and kids. I have left them behind before. I absolutely HATE walking into places either late or right on time.

Bad table manners - I don't want to see your food in your mouth as you're chewing it. I don't want to hear you eating from 2 rooms away. It's gross.

fernjo
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I run and operate a daycare for six kids out of my home.  Biggest pet peeve are parents who bring sick kids or they bring one sibling while the other parent stays home with the sick one.  WTF is that about?  Don't you want to spend as much time with your children any chance you have a day at home?!?!  Unless the sibling is in the hospital I don't see whey BOTH kids can't be home with mom or dad at the same time.  Dont tell me your trying to quarantine them.  They are more likely to catch something at daycare and also the sibling probably already has what the other one has but just isn't showing symptoms yet.  Thanks for making me sick now!  Other pet peeve is parents getting off from work but instead of coming to get their babies from me who have already been with me for over 9 hours they go and work out or have "me time."  Sorry but you had these kids and your me time and work out can wait.  These babies are little for such a short time and these years you will miss out on.  If you already have the poor kid in daycare for 45 plus hours every week then you need to be using every opportunity to be with them as much as possible.  Just living for the weekends is not enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)