Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you buy with $6000?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM
  • 15 Replies
My DH just got back from the oral surgeon. His titanium implant did not take at all! His bone graft is rotten with infection.

So about $6000 now with no front tooth. Brings a whole meaning to "all I want for Christmas is me two front teeth"

With that money, I could have started planning a cruise, Disney trip, OR started finishing the basement.

Ugh, what a total disappointment. And to go through surgery and the process all again, nightmare
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabear0791
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM

aw, man. I feel for ya! If I had that much money to spend, I'd probably use it on bills (mainly car payments).

deccaf
by Group Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Oh no! I am so sorry.  Is there any way the infection can be brought under control and at least some of the work not have to be redone?

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM
They said no, x-ray looked as though the bone graft was deteriorating. He is going on different antibiotics prior to taking out the post and cleaning out the rest of infection in 2 weeks.

His breath has been horrific for the past week, and I told him I thought he had food rotting under the screwed on temp tooth, now i realize it was his jaw rotting!

Thanks for caring! We are so so bummed!

Quoting deccaf:

Oh no! I am so sorry.  Is there any way the infection can be brought under control and at least some of the work not have to be redone?

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Scary... I am getting my 2 fronts implanted soon too! Being wearing partials since I was a teenager!!
Kodysmommy928
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

That would pay for my Disney trip for sure. 

TS9509
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM
$6000 would pay my car off and get a big chunk of our Disney trip paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I'm sorry your hubby is dealing with that. Sucks that it didn't work for him :(

I would either put the $6000 as a down payment for a new car or a house....leaning more towards the house now though.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Have fun at Disney!

Quoting TS9509:

$6000 would pay my car off and get a big chunk of our Disney trip paid.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM
You'll be fine! DH has been fighting this infection since he cracked the original post/tooth under his crown. And I am not a fan of this surgeon AT ALL!

I am sure yours will go better!

Quoting mrsary:

Scary... I am getting my 2 fronts implanted soon too! Being wearing partials since I was a teenager!!

mickstinator
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

So frustrating. I'm sorry. I can think of a lot of ways I'd rather spend 6000 bucks, too. : (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)