Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions and Advice needed!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay, so every since I was like 13 Ive loved doing nails. Right now I work 40 hours a week and have 2 children. I have started doing nails again. Just on my mom, my aunt and myself. But I love it!! I want to buy a kit and start doing them and only charging like 15-20$ a set. Which is a GREAT price. But Idk how to go about doing it, Any advice? Should I do it at home, Or go to peoples houses? How do I start letting people know that I'm doing them? Where can I get a good kit for a cheap price?

** I know I have to have a licens, This is for future refrences.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Its probably not LEGAL for you to do this. I'm sure you have to take a course and have a certificate due to health reasons. That is the case in Florida.

CrouseMommi
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Yeah I know its illegal. Im just painting them for now and plan on getting my licens. Im just asking for future refrence.

flutter523
by Tracy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I would start by advertising on fb and word of mouth. If you have space to do them in your home I would set up an area for that bit maybe you could offer in home service for an extra fee
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Do it from your home. If I knew some one close doing them for that price I would get my done at least once a month.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

you can probably start with doing them on friends and family. do you have to go to school of some type to get your license?

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
If you enroll in beauty school just for nails you will be able to purchase kits at wholesale from beauty supply companies.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:31 AM
You can let friends know and let word travel like that. Create a fb just for your business and post pictures of what you've done. To start out you should designate a place in your house to do nails.
CrouseMommi
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yeah I'd have to be a licensed nail tech. :( But I do them great!! Lol!

Quoting leahbeah143:

you can probably start with doing them on friends and family. do you have to go to school of some type to get your license?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I know here in California, unless a person is bedridden, it is unlawful for a person to get hair/nails done at home by a professional.  The person must go to them.

CrouseMommi
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Really? Thats crazy! I'll definately have to look into that! Thanks!

Quoting deccaf:

I know here in California, unless a person is bedridden, it is unlawful for a person to get hair/nails done at home by a professional.  The person must go to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)