Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FULL TIME MOM VS. FULL TIME WORKING MOM

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 23 Replies

For some reason my sister believes that  being a full time mother is harder then being a full time working mother.   I told her  that being a full time mom you're only running your house, but mother that work have to deal with the outside world then transfer into mommy mode.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Each are hard in their own way.  I personally could never be a SAHM.  Not in my makeup.  I go crazy after a four day weekend.  The thing is, it shouldn't be one vs the other.  We all work hard, and we all do what is best for our families. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
6 moms liked this
Full time mother is redundant, so is full time working mother, as all mothering is full time and hard work, no matter where you are at 24 to 7!

Both SAHM & WOHM have hard jobs, different stresses! The difficulty and stress varies so much on the type of job, the finances available, the children, and mother temperments.

One of my favorite SAHM quotes, "if being a stay at home mom is easy, you are doing it wrong." 24 to 7 child interaction often on a limited budget is relentless.

One of my favorite WOHM quotes, "being a full time working mom is not easy, you have to be willing to screw up at every level." Certainly WOHM have too many tasks to do and people to please.

Being a good mom is our society is hard period :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
This is one argument that I find it is best to avoid because we all work hard as moms. Some work because we have too, others because we want to and I think the same is true for stay at home moms. I think what keeps us all sane is routine....when we are all home for a long weekend I go crazy too! But if our routine was always to be home maybe it would be different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumbeme06
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I've been both and being a full time working mom, to me, is a lot harder. Now I don't have all day to clean my house and prepare dinner, I have the 3-4 hours after I get home from work to do that and try to spend time with my daughter. I honestly hate it, I'm rushed all the time and feel like I'm missing out on so much of my child's life
mybabysmama35
by Mandy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I've been both. Right now I'm a working mom and I feel like I am more stressed because it seems like I don't have any time. I go to work,come home and go to bed. Then I do it all over the next day. I don't think one is harder than the other. We do what we have to for our families. I really don't think you can compare the two. 

christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
they are each challenging to their own ways. I have done both. and while I am doing one, I long for the other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Lucy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You know, each has its challenges.  It depends on what kind of full-time mom you are.  I mean some moms that stay at home have no kids during the day.  Yet others, homeschool, or take care of special needs children.  Some of those things sound a lot harder than what I do everyday.  It's so individual....  I think ijt's best to just say that all moms work hard and do what they feel is best.  

flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I've never been a SAHM except for maternity leave. I'm sure that staying home can be challenging at times. But being a FTWM is a SAHM plus add your working hours to it and the guilt of leaving the kiddos too.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

my bff used to try to have that "arguement" with me. Honestly, I've always had to work because I'm a single mom, so I really don't know which is harder. But it really shouldn't even have to be a competition of who has it harder. We are all busting our butts trying to be good parents and provide the best for our kids.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM

The degree of difficulty is solely dependant on each individual circumstance. Hard working parents are hard working parents, whether they work outside the home or inside the home. Lazy parents are found in both SAH parents and FTW parents as well. It all depends on personality and circumstance. Comparing the two is never a good idea, because you can't compare every one's circumstance evenly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)