Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHDs?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 22 Replies
Do you have a husband or SO who stays home with the children and runs the house while you work? We just started this at my house. I'm working 40-50 hour weeks while DH stays home and takes care of the kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ohmandy
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

we do.  now we need some more money and he's looking into finding a job... parttime would be perfect so he could still stay home (ds will be in kindergarten, but we have a baby coming in june).

i was also going for my masters when he lost his job so it ended up being perfect... im not a big housework person in general, but having classes 2 nights a week on top of teaching fulltime... yeah, forget about it lol.

but daycare is so expensive... in the end it makes the most sense.

lowencope
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM

MY Dh would like that i'm sure, but it makes for sense for both of us to work.  

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Considered it, but it made more sense financially as well as it being easier on our marriage for DH to work, but there are several in our group with this arrangement, here's a bump!
Mommabearbergh
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM

DH is the sahm dad honestly I am not a fan of it because it was a role I once had and honestly I think I am better at it but I think he does a okay job. He picks up the munchkin from school and makes her lunches and such that part he is great at but the household chores he doesn't really do to well

powow65
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
No. But if I had a job & SO stayed at home, maybe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
He has been but our roles will reverse as I'm getting laid off. This is my last week. He will work full time and I will find something part you're.
TurboMom81
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
This is our first week of this arrangement. I don't think it's a reality until the our oldest is back in school and he takes over our youngest daughter's Homeschooling.
TurboMom81
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I'ms sorry to hear that. That's kind of how we ended up in this situation. DH was laid off on Friday.

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

He has been but our roles will reverse as I'm getting laid off. This is my last week. He will work full time and I will find something part you're.
TurboMom81
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM
My biggest hurdle is relinquishing control. I was pretty much in charge of our daughter's school stuff.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

DH is the sahm dad honestly I am not a fan of it because it was a role I once had and honestly I think I am better at it but I think he does a okay job. He picks up the munchkin from school and makes her lunches and such that part he is great at but the household chores he doesn't really do to well

christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
my husband was a sahd for a few months when our oldest was a baby. he did a great job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)