Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whine, moan, complain...LOL

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
Friday evening while leaving work I asked if I was needed Saturday .. got the old "I'll call you" bit. Really? I'd like to know now, not like I have time to make plans and get a babysitter, but I'd like to know so that I can relax so I have all weekend to housework and errands. Go figure around 9ish I get a call and low and behold, I have Saturday off. And all my laundry is done, dishes washed and away, house some what picked up and DD in bed. *sigh*

Well, over the weekend I landed a bad chest cold. Sunday night I got a call saying that I didn't have to come in if I didn't want to. Hmm, let me think about it. I feel like I have a 1,000 pound boulder on my chest and can hardly lift my head. Nope, not coming in tomorrow.

Thankfully by Monday afternoon I was starting to feel better. Didn't get anything done around the house. At least I had Tuesday. DD started with coughing and sneezing so I ditched any plans I wanted to do. So today I got a lot done. I mean a lot. I still have things on my dining table to go through, clothes in my room to put away and the oh so lovely dishes from dinner to do.

SO told me that I do too much, that I go overboard. Well, I'm the only one that does housework out of the 3 of us and 4 animals. So yes I am going to seem overboard. He tells me to sit back and relax. I did, you slept through it. Sorry. I don't feel like being up until 12 or 1 getting things done.

My schedule works great for me, 10-5:30. But DD still gets up from time to time during the night, and up no later than 7. I highly enjoy my sleep, so I like to get a head start on it! I told him to pitch in.. he did the cat box.. all the while complaining.

He left for work about a half hour ago, asked if I would at least get the dishes done. Ya, OK. No need to try and do so much, I need to step back a little and relax. Ya, OK.

So I'm sitting on my couch, trying not to think or look at every that is left to do. If I did them, my house would be in complete order after being so crazy the last 2 months. I'm thinking about not doing anything (aside from dishes of course - well after tonight) and having him see how much I do around the house so it doesn't look like a damn pigsty.

I'm not looking forward to it though. After today, Sundays will be my only day off until my mini vacation at the end of the month.

OK, all done, feel a bit better. LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

It is so hard to keep a house organized while working. Only 24 hours in a day, and it only gets worse when living companions don't help as they should!

I hope you get everything sorted!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I feel your pain. My dh does very little around the house and what little he does do is usually after I've nagged him for what seems like forever. I hate nagging at him but it gets annoying having to do it all by myself.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I know how you feel.  DH does what he can, but I feel like I am always on the go and on little sleep.  Sometimes, you need that downtime, especially when you are sick.  Your body needs rest.  Take the day off if you can and do NOTHING.  Let him see the mess that piles up when you don't pick it up.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Feel better. I'm the only one who cleans in my house

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
For as small as the house is, you would think it was easy, but it's not. We have too much and I'm always in the middle of some kind of reorganizing and nothing gets finished. When I clean, I go room to room, and things get pushed to the next room to be rehomed. By the end of cleaning my dining room is a disaster!! LOL

Quoting Marti123:

It is so hard to keep a house organized while working. Only 24 hours in a day, and it only gets worse when living companions don't help as they should!

I hope you get everything sorted!

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Thats what I told him about the cat box. That was one of the two things he did around here. A few months ago he stopped. So nag, nag, nag I go. I feel like I'm raising two kids with chore lists! LOL

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I feel your pain. My dh does very little around the house and what little he does do is usually after I've nagged him for what seems like forever. I hate nagging at him but it gets annoying having to do it all by myself.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Well, so far he complained about no tp in the bathroom. Oh I'm sorry. Was I suppose to put a new roll on and put another under the sink? Oh shucks. LOL This week I'm only working Wed-Fri, so I'll have another two days to "rest" to try and kick the rest of this chest cold that refuses to go away.

Quoting deccaf:

I know how you feel.  DH does what he can, but I feel like I am always on the go and on little sleep.  Sometimes, you need that downtime, especially when you are sick.  Your body needs rest.  Take the day off if you can and do NOTHING.  Let him see the mess that piles up when you don't pick it up.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Thanks, I was actually able to go to sleep last night without having to take any meds. Work was horrible today though.. oh well.. only two more days and I'm off for the weekend....... to most likely turn this place upside down cleaning. LOL

Quoting cjsmom1:

Feel better. I'm the only one who cleans in my house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)