Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

College students, present (or past)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: You are taking an on-line class. You are going to take a comprehensive mid-term; which is 15% of your grade in a intense class, would you rather:

Options:

Take a comprehensive mid-term & study new cotent (that week as well, which you will have a small quiz over) and finish the semester one week early.

take the comprehensive mid-term with nothing else on the agenda and push the final back to the very possible end of the semester.

ehh, 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other, doesn't matter.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I think I'd try to get it done and have an extra week off.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Chances are, I have my calendar marked for the entire semester, so I would expect to have work to the end.  I would rather take the time to study the test material in full without worry over the new material.  However, whatever is outline in the syllabus will be what I plan on doing.  I really don't like when instructors change the syllabus in a major way.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Trust me, I know, I never change the syllabus. Ever, ever.

Quoting deccaf:

Chances are, I have my calendar marked for the entire semester, so I would expect to have work to the end.  I would rather take the time to study the test material in full without worry over the new material.  However, whatever is outline in the syllabus will be what I plan on doing.  I really don't like when instructors change the syllabus in a major way.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Like ^^^ I would be planning for the entire semester so I would rather have the extra time to focus and study on the current material. The only exception is if pushing the final up seperated it from other finals in such a way that allowed me extra time to focus on those finals in the end. I've had 3 finals in a row in 1 day, and its really tough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)