Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I quit my job

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this
Right before Christmas, I received an offer for a position at another company and I accepted.My commute will now be 10 miles instead of 30, and my income with increase by about 30%, and there's more flexibility. They want me to start asap, so in order to keep the ball rolling, I put in my two weeks right before Christmas. My last day will be January 11.

While I'm excited for the new opportunity,I can't help feeling bad leaving my current job. It's a small company and everyone knows each other. I have also made some really good friends here. But I have to do what's best for me and my family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations on the new job. Good luck!
Mommabearbergh
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats. You have to do what is best for you.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Congrats on your new job. I wish you lots of luck!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratz on the new job!

Moms2NTwins
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Good luck to you at your new job!!!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

You go girl!  Better commute, better pay, better flex time, seems like a no-brainer.  Hope it all works out!

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Thanks! That's what I thought too, but I had a strong career path with my current employer, and this opportunity came very fast, so I guess that's why I feel bad leaving.

Ugh! Hopefully I get over it soon!! :)

Quoting deccaf:

You go girl!  Better commute, better pay, better flex time, seems like a no-brainer.  Hope it all works out!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Congrats on the new job!

I had to do the same thing several years ago. I left a job a loved with coworkers that were like family because I couldn't handle the hour to hour and a half commute anymore. I felt awful about leaving, but in the end, they weren't in business much longer after I left.

gumbeme06
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
In the end you always need to do what's best for you :-) I wish I could find a job that pays well closer to home
levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Sounds like you made the right decision. That reminds me, my current employer is in the process of being acquired by another company, which makes my future here even more unknown. That's really helped make this decision easier. :)

Quoting leahbeah143:

Congrats on the new job!

I had to do the same thing several years ago. I left a job a loved with coworkers that were like family because I couldn't handle the hour to hour and a half commute anymore. I felt awful about leaving, but in the end, they weren't in business much longer after I left.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)