Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Sleep update

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

Steph has been having just the worst time sleeping lately.  New Years Eve I slept in her bed, using a giant Hello Kitty for a pillow.  Talk about a crick in my neck!  So last night, after she started fussing, I just brought her into our bed.  She slept SO GOOD!  and didn't wake once.  Maybe I will do this for a short time to get her little body used to sleeping long periods again, then transition back to her bed.  We shall see how it goes.  And at one point, she acted very scared, and clawed at me, so I pulled her into a big hug and held her, she stopped right away.  So I think this is what is causing the poor sleep.  Maybe bad dreams, something scaring her?  But with me right there, it never even got to a cryout.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I'm glad she was finally able to get a full night of sleep! Hopefully it doesn't cause too much problems when you want your bed back lol

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Neither DH nor I have ever minded her being in the bed.  As long as everyone is sleeping, it is a good thing.  And honestly, as poorly as she has been sleeping, I don't care if she stays there til she's 21, as long as I get sleep!

Quoting leahbeah143:

I'm glad she was finally able to get a full night of sleep! Hopefully it doesn't cause too much problems when you want your bed back lol

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Glad you got a good nights sleep!

christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
we bedshare with my youngest. we all sleep do much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
we bedshare with my youngest. we all sleep do much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'm glad you both got some sleep. Jackson did really well falling asleep and sleeping by himself when he was gone with the inlaws but I still can't keep him in his bed. I put him to bed in his room last night and an hour later he was crawling into my bed.

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Just be careful. We did this with my son when he was sick, and he ended up in our bed for 6 months. Not good.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
We aren't concerned if she stays a while. We don't mind a family bed

Quoting NoahsCoolMama:

Just be careful. We did this with my son when he was sick, and he ended up in our bed for 6 months. Not good.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

We've had to do that a few times too. The last time it happened, we found out a pig was scaring him. From the best we can tell it's the pig from Toy Story. After 4 or 5 nights of broken sleep Ian came to me as we were getting ready one day and said the pig was bothering him...first time it wasn't when he was sleeping. The pig ran outside at some point, but that didn't stop this fed up mommy. In our Jammie's, we chased it around our front lawn spraying it with no no pig spray (febreeze air freshner). I told it to leave Ian alone and never come back. It's been about a month and he's slept pretty well. I know it seems a bit crazy, but I just had to get into his reality.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I love that story!

Quoting iansmommy9:

We've had to do that a few times too. The last time it happened, we found out a pig was scaring him. From the best we can tell it's the pig from Toy Story. After 4 or 5 nights of broken sleep Ian came to me as we were getting ready one day and said the pig was bothering him...first time it wasn't when he was sleeping. The pig ran outside at some point, but that didn't stop this fed up mommy. In our Jammie's, we chased it around our front lawn spraying it with no no pig spray (febreeze air freshner). I told it to leave Ian alone and never come back. It's been about a month and he's slept pretty well. I know it seems a bit crazy, but I just had to get into his reality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN