Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

My day "off"

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm off today and yet I am so busy. I need to homeschool ds, Walmart, CVS, food shopping, take ds to the pool (I promised), ds has a dentist appointment, and then ds has a thing for wrestling tonight.

That doesn't include the usual cooking and cleaning. Why can't my day off be spent relaxing :(

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mickstinator
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I never get a day to relax. Woe is the life of the working mom! : (

Hopefully you can still enjoy yourself, even if you're just as exhausted by sundown as you normally are.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hey, you know the deal.  Mom gets no time off, even when everyone else is asleep, we are on duty!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I plan on going in the pool with ds. I haven't put on a bathing suit in over 10 years, feeling a little weird about it

Quoting mickstinator:

Hopefully you can still enjoy yourself, even if you're just as exhausted by sundown as you normally are.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I know, I just want to relax

Quoting deccaf:

Hey, you know the deal.  Mom gets no time off, even when everyone else is asleep, we are on duty!

flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I take DS swimming at the local hs in the winters bc its free. We love it and there's never anyone there. I hate being in a suit though

Quoting cjsmom1:

I plan on going in the pool with ds. I haven't put on a bathing suit in over 10 years, feeling a little weird about it

Quoting mickstinator:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
A very productive day off :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I joined the Y months ago and haven't been able to go because of work. We ended up not going today because ds decided to misbehave.

Quoting flutter523:

I take DS swimming at the local hs in the winters bc its free. We love it and there's never anyone there. I hate being in a suit though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN