Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glasses or contacts? Do your kids wear glasses or contacts, too?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I wear glasses, but so far not for my kids (5 and 7)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I wear glasses. My dd is the only one of my 3 that wears corrective lenses. She usually wears contacts but will on occasion wear her glasses instead.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I wear glasses most of the time, though I do put in my contacts if I'll be driving in the sun (so I can wear my shades) or if I'm going into the office (once or twice a year).

My oldest son wears glasses.

christyg
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Neither my husband or I wear glasses.

One of my 3 boys wears them, and I have a few concerns about my daughter so we will be scheduling her an eye exam soon.

flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
No glasses or contacts for any of us
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Contacts since 8th grade. I wear glasses as back up- much more in the winter when I have less sun to contend with. 

Both DH and I got glasses in middle school. So far, kids are "eagle eyes" as my dad calls me (he is legally blind, I have the best eyes in the family).

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

No glasses or contacts in our house at all. My dad didn't start to need them until his 50's and my MIL did not need them until her 40's.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Dh and I both wear glasses on a regular basis and contacts ocassionally. We haven't had ds eyes checked yet but he doesn't seem to have any issues yet. Hopefully he can avoid glasses for a while yet.

annasmom1234
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I wear contacts during the day, and have glasses for emergencies (since age 8).  My dd wears glasses (since age 8-she's 13 now), but is not yet responsible enough for contact lenses.

KTU
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I wear glasses and contacts. I have always worn glasses until having my girls started ripping them off my face and throwing them at their leisure! I have been on a contact kick for about the last 4-5 months. Hubby wears glasses also, but he does not mind the girls playing with his. Nothing for the girls yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)