Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Does anyone have Netflix? How do you like it?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 22 Replies

We are thinking of scaling back and getting rid of as much cable as we can is on the top of the list and Netflix is so much cheaper.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Have had it & HuluPlus for years & love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I didn't find it useful. Most of what I watch is on basic cable and I'm not a big movie watcher. All the movies were so outdated or just crappy IMO
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Netflix streaming service rocks for my kids. For us, it is ok. If you don't mind watching the previous season of shows its good, but they don't carry everything. If you are doing Dvd mail service more is available. We cut that and I miss it, but I can't get DH to cut our satellite service.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
We use streaming for our young kiddos, at times, but not a lot. DH &I never watch it streaming, but we do get a DVD in the mail. DH watches that.

I prefer my cable for my food & cooking channels, but honestly, I could do without it, DH on the other hand, totally addicted.
lowencope
by Lucy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM
We love it. For the price u can't beat it. My Dh does complain sometimes though. He wants cable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatsamorex2
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I have cable and netflix. I think its worth it for the movie especially the ones for my kids.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I love it! There's plenty of shows to watch and tons of movies. The only bad part is that most shows don't update every week (if at all), so it's not like you can keep up with current shows. But there are other ways to do that, I'm sure. I have it running through the BluRay players and Dd's Wii. For less than $10 a month, I have no complaints!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

We have just basic cable (for the Discovery channel) and use Netflix. I don't miss high level cable at all, and I love that they just added Disney to Netflix for DS!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM

We mainly use it for Lex. He loves his Thomas the Train episodes. And they just added Disney in the last few months, so they now have some MMC as well as some Disney movies. I'm so happy they added that! 

Quoting flutter523:

I didn't find it useful. Most of what I watch is on basic cable and I'm not a big movie watcher. All the movies were so outdated or just crappy IMO

AleaKat
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly what we did and we love it.
We do streaming and 2 movies out at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)