Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to start a business

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

I reall want to start a business from home. You see I live in a very small town where shopping is sparce. I was thinking of starting from home at first a clothing shop, a dog treat or maybe a little cake/pastry shop...all from home of course.

I was working fulltime up until last year June, and now I am stuck as a homemaker.....ok I am a stay at home mommy of 2. I know it's not a bad thing but I am bored out of my mind.

Does anyone have any ideas, inspirations links or ANYTHING that might help guide me?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:21 AM
I can't help, but I can wish you good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Bump no help here

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Check your state laws if you decide to make and sell any food out of your house. Some of them are pretty strict.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Quoting christaberk:

I can't help, but I can wish you good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vickiefrompa
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Dani_Lynn
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
What about an Uptown Cheapskate? Google them and see if one is near you. If not, you could open one. It's one of my favorite stores.

If you're interested in direct sales, I'm an independent consultant for Jamberry Nails and I absolutely love it. I just started and do it mostly for fun but I average $100/month without in home parties. We have some great incentives to join this month. If intetested in more info, email me at jamminjamberryATgmailDOTcom
Dani_Lynn
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
www.danilynn.jammberrynails.net
flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I say go with your passion. If you love to bake than do a pastry shop, if you love pets do the dogge treats
mamalusbear
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM

You might start by getting a reseller's license.  Just think about what you love to do, what interests you.  If you find something you really like, it won't feel like work.

christyg
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I found some cool things for advertising my business at vistaprint.com ... business cards, signs and banners, car magnets, and all sorts of fun things. They always have different free promotions, where all you pay for is shipping.

Whenever I get a business idea, I go in there and mess around making business card designs and see what it looks like. I'm weird like that :)

Also, you can make free websites at a few places. I have mine through webs.com - I thinik it helps when you advertise to put a link to a website. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)