Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you do it?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 20 Replies

When it comes to household duties? 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Umm....my husband does alot of stuff since he's at home all the time.  I am usually in charge of laundry.  I do have to nag my husband to get him to do things but he's gotten alot better, especially lately.  But we don't have any set plan, although I think we might switch to a loose plan so we can finish getting the apartment in order.

christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:17 AM
I'm in charge of most of the housework. dh works more than I do, as he clocks more than 60 hours per week, easily. so during the school year, not much gets and stays done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I do 90% of the housework so sometimes it doesn't all get done. My mil found a site that gives you 15 minute organizing tips everyday that I'm going to try to start doing.

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My husband does all of the housework, except laundry, because I am OCD about laundry, so I would rather do it myself. He is a full-time SAHD, so he says it is his job to clean the house and take care of our son and all of the yard work. We have done this arrangement for some time, because it works for our family. I am the one that carries our medical insurance, so we stays home. He takes my son back and forth to school, runs all the errands, and I come home to a clean house. He is OCD about cleanliness, so it is nice!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this
I do a little everyday and prioritize what needs to be done the most. I have also given up the idea of having a house that is fully clean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
This sounds pretty close to me.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I do a little everyday and prioritize what needs to be done the most. I have also given up the idea of having a house that is fully clean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM

They are nicely divided. I have the cleaning responsibility on the weekends and my husband does during the week (when we're each at home). We just trust that each other is doing as much as they can. Our house is usually messy, but not dirty. I don't think we'll be able to get it much better than that until we get rid of the toddlers in the house! haha.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM

This

Quoting cjsmom1:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I try to do a little every day

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

This. And, I don't clean bathrooms; my husband takes care of those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)