Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BUSY BUSY BUSY

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 14 Replies

This week is going to be SO BUSY for me:

- Tomorrow my son goes in for minor surgery on his broken leg to reset the bones before casting it. It'll be his first time under anesthesia, so for that, I am a little anxious. 

- Tuesday is my husband's first day back in class, so the kids are going to have to go back to school again. That's always a difficult adjustment after a month at home with Daddy.

- Wednesday is the same son's 5th birthday. We're going out that evening for a family dinner with all the aunts, uncles, and grandparents. 

- Friday, I fly out for the weekend to go to my cousin's wedding in Atlanta. The boys are staying with my in-laws since my husband works all weekend and has to leave the house by 5. 

I don't even know what I'm going to wear to the wedding and I can't think about it until I get this surgery and birthday over with! On top of all that, I'm working today through Thursday. 

I just hope all the T's get crossed and the I's get dotted...

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

super busy! I know you can do it :-)

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Wow! Good luck! I hope all goes well with everything.

Are one of you going to be with him when he goes under the anesthesia? The couple times my daughter has gone under, the actual "falling asleep" part is the worst, in my opinion. I HATED watching that. I'm a wuss. Haha. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Yikes!  That is a crazy week!  Good luck and I'm wishing the best for your son's surgery!

mickstinator
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting rissarin:

Are one of you going to be with him when he goes under the anesthesia? The couple times my daughter has gone under, the actual "falling asleep" part is the worst, in my opinion. I HATED watching that. I'm a wuss. Haha. :(

I'm not sure. Both my husband and I will be there, though. My in-laws are going to pick our 2 year old up from daycare so we can stay with him.

The hardest part for me when my other son had anesthesia was the waking up part. I was in a waiting room next to him and I could hear him SCREAMING as he was coming out. All I could do was sit, wait, and cry! : (

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Oh no!! That's heartbreaking. :(
The waking up part was easy for me because she acted like a complete goof, which was unexpected. I really hope he does well in all aspects! For everyone's sake. ;)

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting rissarin:

I'm not sure. Both my husband and I will be there, though. My in-laws are going to pick our 2 year old up from daycare so we can stay with him.

The hardest part for me when my other son had anesthesia was the waking up part. I was in a waiting room next to him and I could hear him SCREAMING as he was coming out. All I could do was sit, wait, and cry! : (

mickstinator
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, me, too! He'll get lots of loving from everyone, so I have high hopes on his recovery.

Quoting rissarin:

Oh no!! That's heartbreaking. :(
The waking up part was easy for me because she acted like a complete goof, which was unexpected. I really hope he does well in all aspects! For everyone's sake. ;)

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting rissarin:

LyTe684
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Good luck!

mmeredith
by Mandy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Wow!! Good luck with everything.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Good luck!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM
That's a really busy week. I hope everything goes great with your son's surgery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)