Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-Worker trying to have a one night stand with me!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 12 Replies

I work in a Elementary school with amazing kids who need special care for physical and emtional problems. I recently started working with a new male coworker about 2 months ago. It was obvious he was interested in me since he started, and last week he asked to take me on a date. I thought about it for 4 days and agreed because he seemed nice and respectable from what I knew of him from work. Well...that all changed very quickly. he made strong sexual advances towards me right away. i turned him down completely of course. he must have thought his job was at stake since I didn't go along with his plan because he started telling me i would have no leverage if I told my coworkers or our boss what happened. Then he went on to appologize several times and felt he needed to confess to me that he and his GF broke up 5 days prior to asking me out and he only asked me out because I remind him of her. He is still madly in love with her and was hoping he could replace her with me until he was able to get over her. he even confessed that he hoped we could just have casual sex so that he was able to get over her faster. How dare he! We work together!! What would make him think doing that would be ok? I am completely offended and mad about this and not sure how I should handle it at work.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

What the hell??????

Tell him that he is not allowed to speak to you unless its for work.  Period.

linzrenae
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

What the hell??????

I told him to never contact me again and that he was totally out of line and inappropriate. He doesn't seem like somebody who should be woking around special needs kids to me at all.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Treat him professionally at work.  Very cooly, detached.  It sounds like he may have had this happen before, though, since he was talking about leverage and all. 

LyTe684
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Holy awkward.....

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Yikes that would be awkward. I agree everybody else and only contact him for work purposes.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Sorry he turned out like that.  As others said, only speak when it's directly related to the job and keep your distance.  Yuck.

annasmom1234
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Quoting linzrenae:

Quoting M4LG5:

What the hell??????

I told him to never contact me again and that he was totally out of line and inappropriate. He doesn't seem like somebody who should be woking around special needs kids to me at all.

I totally agree!  What a jerk.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing

Quoting deccaf:

Treat him professionally at work.  Very cooly, detached.  It sounds like he may have had this happen before, though, since he was talking about leverage and all. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

wow what a jerk!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM
And don't forget to warn some of your coworkers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)