Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Snow day!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
So in tx roads are not maintained for winter weather. Call us wimps whatever. Lol. Anyway I really didn't want to travel over the icy overpasses today so I'm working from home again.. My four year old says he likes my office at home but he doesn't like my work office. Lol. I'd like video games and tv all day too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Sounds like fun. I've only taken one snow day since I've been at my job and it was because dh wouldn't let me take the car to work. It was still pretty new and he told me the only way I was going anywhere was if my job was responsible for any damage lol. Needless to say I stayed home. I could have made it fine (gotta love growing up in MN) but dh was more worried about the other people.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I don't drive in the snow and ice either it scares the crap out of me. Have fun today!

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I missed the day after Christmas. We had a blizzard here in Indiana (only 7 inches), but for Indiana, that is a blizzard. The kids were all out for school break, so it worked out great!

Keatonzmom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I love snow days=) I stay at home with my three year old son already but when my DF doesn't go to work it's fun=) He's his own boss so he technically could do that at any time but it's still nice! Almost all last week was a snow day, it's been so cold here the darn snow hasn't melted in over a week. 

pregnancy calendar

mickstinator
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM

haha. i was surprised that i made it into work in good time this morning. i am in dallas and it was still falling when i left my house. 

i don't think we're wimps. we just don't get enough ice and snow to handle it with the same poise as the north. we're all awkward when it comes to dealing with irregular inclement weather. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM

LOL - enjoy your day!

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Lucky! I'm in Fort Worth, and my kids' school started on time. I figured the worst part of the commute would be from home to school, but I was wrong. I slid twice getting onto the highway, and the overpasses were icy. It took me an hour to get to work, and it usually takes about 30 minutes.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Enjoy your day! :)

I'd love a snow day. But in all my years working here, I've only had one snow day and it was because there was no travel advised for anyone anywhere due to ice. Haha. Oh well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Enjoy ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I don't get that luxuary. No snow days in hotel business. I was one of the few that was able to make it out and to work during the blizzard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)