'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge- Day 1: Healthy BBQ Chicken
Today's challenge dinner is Healthy BBQ Chicken.
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 Red Pepper, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large Sweet Potato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small Zucchini, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large Onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, thighs or drumsticks
- 1 Tablespoon, Quick Cooking Tapioca or flour
- 1-15 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
You can prepare all of the ingredients the night before and put in the fridge overnight in a gallon size storage bag. You can also double this recipe and put one bag into the freezer for a later time.
The day you cook this, put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. You can also add some water or chicken broth to get a little more sauce with it. Serve with rice or pasta. Brown rice or whole grain pasta are good, healthier choices to their 'white' counterparts.
How often do you serve rice or pasta as part of the main course or as a side dish? Will you try this recipe?
If you haven't signed up for the 'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge yet, you can do so here.