Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge- Day 2: Goulash-BONUS DAY

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge dinner is Goulash.

Ingredients that will be needed:

• 1 1/2 cups Onions, chopped
  • 1 cup Green Peppers, chopped
  • 2 large Beets or 1 can of Beets, diced
  • 1 cup of Baby Carrots
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1-1 1/2 lbs of stew beef
  • 2 (6 oz) cans Tomato Paste
  • 1 Tablespoon Paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper

You can prepare this the night before and put it in the fridge. When ready to cook, put all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. If you'd like more sauce, you can add water or beef broth to the slow cooker before cooking. Serve with noodles and sour cream, if desired. 

Will you try this recipe? How often do you use your slow cooker?

One member who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Coffee Mug.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Recipe from http://www.mamaandbabylove.com
Photo from  http://livelearnloveeat.com/

Official Rules

• The Working Moms Slow Cooker giveaway starts 1/18/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/2013.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Tonight is date night, so I won't make it tonight, but I am a huge fan of goulash, and I will totally be making this (with some alterations) next week.

slightlyperfect

lillucky8
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM
This sounds yummy but dh is a major picky butt so he wont eat it. I use my crockpot at least once a week.
campingmomof4
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I will try this recipe.   I use my crockpot several times a week.   I have 2 crockpots one round and oval one.

RobynS
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I LOVE goulash!!! :)

malina1975
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM

This does sound good.  Our family doesn't eat beef so I see us doing this with either veggie burger or turkey.  I use the crock pot maybe once or twice a week but I really should do it more!

eevers55
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I will not be trying this only because my mom used to make a similar dish when I was little and even thinking about it makes my stomach flip a bit. But I am using leftovers from a slow-cooked pot roast I made last week to make beef stew and dumplings tonight. Slow cooking does soooo many things. Next time apples are on sale, I'm making applesauce.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I don't think I would try this one.

dandylynes
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I use my slow cooker a couple times during the week.  I use it mostly when my 14 y/o has evening activites so dinner will still be warm and yummy when she comes home.

I probably won't do this recipe soon, trying to stay away from wheat products for a tleast a month.

Paigesmommy78
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM

doesn't sound very good to me so i'll pass

Mandy121907
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I can see my 5 year old dd and 44 yr old dh doing the same thing!  LOL  Looks good but wouldn't go over well

Quoting happymommy1105:

This one is not for our family. I can see my 7 year old crying about it now.

Sounds interesting though.

Mandy S

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Phil 4:13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)