Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge- Day 2: Goulash-BONUS DAY

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge dinner is Goulash.

Ingredients that will be needed:

• 1 1/2 cups Onions, chopped
  • 1 cup Green Peppers, chopped
  • 2 large Beets or 1 can of Beets, diced
  • 1 cup of Baby Carrots
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1-1 1/2 lbs of stew beef
  • 2 (6 oz) cans Tomato Paste
  • 1 Tablespoon Paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper

You can prepare this the night before and put it in the fridge. When ready to cook, put all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. If you'd like more sauce, you can add water or beef broth to the slow cooker before cooking. Serve with noodles and sour cream, if desired. 

Will you try this recipe? How often do you use your slow cooker?

One member who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Coffee Mug.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Recipe from http://www.mamaandbabylove.com
Photo from  http://livelearnloveeat.com/

Official Rules

• The Working Moms Slow Cooker giveaway starts 1/18/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/2013.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
ASZ121009
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM

This looks really good. I'll have to wait until next week to get the ingredients (lack of funds). I use the slow cooker maybe once a month although I should use it more. It makes meal preparation easier and the food tastes so good.

othermom
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I use my slow cooker a couple times a month usually.  I don't think I will try this out, my kids and I are not big on peppers and onions. The rest of it sounds good though

MommyofSCC
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I normally use my crock pot at least once a week, and, not a fan of beats so we won't be trying this one. :(

swdesigns
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM

We make something similar to this all the time! Yes I would try this.  I don't use my slow cooker often enough, but these recipes are great reasons to use it more.  Love the idea of putting beets in. 

sarahfire
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM
We love goulash but I've never put beets or carrots in it. I usually make it on top of the stove but I'll have to try it in the crockpot sometime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Neon1980
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Sounds delicious. Will definitely be trying this one as well.
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I don't use my slow cooker nearly as often as I should, but that's due to bad planning.  I won't be trying this recipe becasue no one in my house eats beets...yuck!

Bmat
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I will try this recipe. It is different and looks good. The beets are something I wouldn't have ordinarily added, but I like! I use my slow cooker at least once a week, and if we count the little slow cooker that I use for oatmeal, then it would be twice a week.

blueeyedpixie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I don't think anybody would eat it:( I've never tried it... I don't get to use my slow cooker as much as I want...
Madelaine
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I think I will try this one and we use the slow cooker all the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)