Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge- Day 2: Goulash-BONUS DAY

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge dinner is Goulash.

Ingredients that will be needed:

• 1 1/2 cups Onions, chopped
  • 1 cup Green Peppers, chopped
  • 2 large Beets or 1 can of Beets, diced
  • 1 cup of Baby Carrots
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1-1 1/2 lbs of stew beef
  • 2 (6 oz) cans Tomato Paste
  • 1 Tablespoon Paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper

You can prepare this the night before and put it in the fridge. When ready to cook, put all ingredients in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. If you'd like more sauce, you can add water or beef broth to the slow cooker before cooking. Serve with noodles and sour cream, if desired. 

Will you try this recipe? How often do you use your slow cooker?

One member who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Coffee Mug.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Working Moms Slow Cooker' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Recipe from http://www.mamaandbabylove.com
Photo from  http://livelearnloveeat.com/

Official Rules

• The Working Moms Slow Cooker giveaway starts 1/18/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/2013.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
Bookwormy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
We use a slow cooker several times a week. Depends on the points plus if we will try this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I am disappoionted that this recipe is so much like yesterday's recipe. My mother used to make this and I think that we had it every Wed or Thur, probably Wed because I remember having the leftovers and elbow mac is gross when it's reheated. 

rhiannonaisling
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I probably won't try this one because without bell pepper and beets it wouldn't be a ghoulash and various people in my family can't eat those. However I use my crockpot at least twice a week, sometimes for sides or to make dessert, but at least 2 times a week.

jenniferlee_12
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I don't eat all these vegetables so I won't try it.

MrsNewman
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I normally just cook it over the stove and then pour it into the slow cooker to keep warm so we can eat it throughout the day. 

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Quoting Remsmom:

I would try this, but I might tweek it a little to our liking. First I would not put beets in it. Second does 1-1.5 lbs of beef stew mean stew meat or cans of beef stew?

I use our slow cooker every other week, but would love to use it more. It makes our evenings go so much faster.

Sorry, it was suppose to be stew beef. 

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting LadyBast:

Yes sounds simple but where is the pasta in it?

I of course would make changes to the meat in it and do maybe some of a roast already cooked since I am very picky on beef it must be a very lean cut of any red meat and I do not eat much, but I love all that is in it very healthy

At the end of the recipe it calls for the noodles to go with it.

0Glitter0
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

oh wow as a southern girl we made goulash in our family all the time, yummy , thanks for sharing this recipe We just threw what we had from the garden in it and ususally had hamburger to put in it

0Glitter0
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

never heard of beets in it before, interesting, i will try it

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I probably won't try this one because without bell pepper and beets it wouldn't be a ghoulash and various people in my family can't eat those. However I use my crockpot at least twice a week, sometimes for sides or to make dessert, but at least 2 times a week.

motherofpearl
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Sounds like something to try, I think my family might like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)