Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Not feeling like working...at all!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have been with the same company for 10 going on 11 years now. I don't know if its JUST the hormones or what. I have worked for a long time to get to the supervisor position that I am in now and it just isn't as great as I thought that it would be. I have a 17 month DS and I am expecting my DD in April. So maybe part of it is the hormones but I really don't want to be at work. I dread it all the time. I wish I could just stay at home and play with my ds. I know that realistically I can't quit or go part time because we wouldn't be able to afford it. But a girl can dream can't she?!?!? My dh says that I should just wait until I come back from my maternity leave and see how I feel. But since I had my ds my whole view on working has changed. I don't think I would ever be able to quit cold turkey because I have been working for so long and I have worked really hard to get to where I am today but still. I just want to be able to spend as much time with my children now while they're young, cute and love me. I joke with my dh all the time that soon enough they'll hate us and then it won't matter. (Just kidding about it though). I never thought that I would feel this way about my career and working but my priorities have definately changed since I had my ds....for the better...I guess that's part of becoming a mother.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Being a full time working mom is definitely hard some days. And being pregnant with a young one at home is even more difficult. I remember my first pregnancy having far less fatigue than this one, but that's because I was able to work out every night, sleep in on weekends, and generally take care of myself. I'm 18 weeks now with our second, and I feel run down a lot of the time. Its just the endless to do list, and I think that plays a part in our motivation at work. Once you get off work, your not "off". You still have a million things to do at home that pull more energy out. I'm hoping to gain some energy back once I have this baby, but I know I will just have more to do at home and not less. Hopefully you can get some energy back soon as well, and remember, the grass always seems greener..until you get to the other pasture. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Would working part-time be an option for you? Working full-time and having kids is definitely not easy. If you are able to go to part-time tha tmay be great because you can still work and be home more for your kids.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I've been feeling the same way for a couple months now. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I had something constructive to do at work instead of just killing time. It just makes me think of all the stuff I could be doing at home.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM

It very well could be hormonal.  I would wait it out.  At least use the maternity leave.  I would then look at how I feel.

christyg
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

This is what I would do too. You never know how you will feel after the baby comes. I would not make any change until the maternity leave was over. 

Quoting deccaf:

It very well could be hormonal.  I would wait it out.  At least use the maternity leave.  I would then look at how I feel.

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I have baby number 2 coming in May. I've been lucky and have been getting 3 days off a week during our slow months. I thought I would miss that day on my paycheck, but I"m just enjoying the time at home so much, it's worth the cut. Do you have the option to work from home one day a week? I'm considering keeping the hour cut when business picks up again, to rest before baby comes and enjoy time with her after. Just remember the reasons you are working and how it benefits your family. Maybe call home on lunch and talk to ds.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I think on some level or another we've all "been there".  I remember when my 3rd son was born and I was still a full time teacher I actually left school (called a sub) and went to the sitter's house and just cried.  I was so tired of working and leaving my kids - but I made so much more than my husband we couldn't survive without my salary and benefits.

She told me if I was that unhappy to DO something about it - which is far easier said than done.  I had already been trying to "do" something about it, but wasn't having any luck.  However, shortly after that incident, the cards fell into place and I was offered a full time work at home job with better pay than I was making and great benefits.  I pulled my kiddos out of daycare and never looked back.  That was nearly 5 years ago.

I know that's not an option for many people - but is there another option that would help you strike a better balance between work and home?  Try to find what that is - and then GO for it.

Good luck!

flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I definily know what you're feeling. DS is 3 and I'm due with ds2 in may. I never want to be at work and am counting down the days until maternity leave. My heart just isn't in to working anymore but I'm the main breadwinner so quitting isn't an option. And I cant go part time or work from home at my job either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kats642
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Hi, my name is Kathy I am a stay at home mom, I work from home and love it.  Working for this company is the best decision I ever made! It allows me to be home for my daughter and make a great income at the same time.  You can do this anytime, around your family's schedule, day or night and be home for your children at the sam time. All you need is a computer.
Contact me(Kathy) at kats642@gmail.com to get started today
instantmoneynetwork.com/Kathy642

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN