Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 29 Replies

I absolutely LOVE tax time!  I love gathering the receipts, 1099s, W-2s, etc.  I love inputting it all into Turbo Tax and seeing my refund balance grow higher and higher.

I know we could make it so we aren't "loaning the govt. that money" throughout the year, but we enjoy large refunds which we typically use for vacation in the summer.

I just launched my Turbo Tax, but I'm so annoyed that I haven't received any W-2s, 1099s, etc. yet.  I know they don't have to mail them until Jan. 31st, but I usually have them by now.  I don't like waiting!  LOL

Am I weird??

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I guess I am the only one :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alustriel
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM

No I use to love it when I got a refund but I owe this year so I'm not excited about it.....haha

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Grr. I replied to this already. I hate when that happens.

No, you're not the only weird one. I like tax time, but only if someone else does the work for me. ;)
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I don't mind it. I actually got one of my W-2s in the mail yesterday. We're just waiting on both of Michael's and the other one of mine.

annasmom1234
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG-I am an English major, so anything to do with numbers or finances totally makes me zone out.  I think my eyes just glazed over .... :)

4monkeykids
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I love the return, which is going to a new vechile this year so that I have safe reliable transportation for my kiddos. This year its going to be small since I'm filing single head of household, which I think I can do since I'm legally seperated. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Lol I just hand over everything to my dad.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Not a huge fan just because we have owed so much in the past. Last year we got a nice refund, though. Hopefully we get some this year, too.
peacemom28
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I am the exact same way!!! And I am getting impatient to!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I am so far on the other end of the spectrum because we pay, I always feel robbed I have to pay more money for working harder, lol, so I hate hate hate hate tax time.

But good for you!! I don't think you are weird at all, it's super fun to get money back for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)