Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Exercising

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 20 Replies

I need tips on how to fit in quick workouts during the day or week. I have an 8-5 desk job and 3 kids. Both full-time jobs. What types of exercises do you all do that seem to work?

Carmalita

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM

20 minutes Zumba once a day , easy breezy

Carmalita28
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I use to do Zumba twice a week, and I loved it until I moved away. Now I can't seem to find a class I feel excited about, and I can't get into doing it by myself on the Wii.

Carmalita

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I don't that's why I look the way I do :(

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

When its not cold, I run during lunch. I just eat while I'm working and then take the half hour and go as far as I can. The holidays and cold have been putting a damper on it, so instead I've been skipping lunch all together and hitting the gym for half hour on the way home. If I can't do that, I will youtube a yoga or zumba video after DS goes to sleep.

Denisethedaring
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I think about exercising a lot...yeah, I know, not helpful. :)  My job has a gym on-site, I really need to use that thing at lunchtime, except I usually end up working through lunch and half the time without even any food.  Maybe someone on here will give us BOTH good advice!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I take the stairs, park in the back of parking lots, and jog behind my kids on their bike when weather allows. I simply cannot afford any more time than that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
With the support of DH,I get up early on the weekend to get it in before we get on with our day. That way I am done by 8-9 and he does breakfast. Then it is just making time 2 days during he week. I prefer the morning so I don't have time to talk myself out of it but with DHs work schedule that doesn't work. So I got sometime at work between 12:30-2:30. If I don't do it by 2:30, I know I will skip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Oh and having DHs support is huge....I need it more for my mental health. The physical benefits are a bonus. It just got to the point it was no longer optional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmalita28
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM

LOL I have advice for you. USE YOUR GYM THAT'S ON-SITE : ) I would love to have a gym on-site at my job. We have a full basement used for storage but there is room to put some equipment down there if only my manager would allow it. Also, going without food isn't healthy as much as not exercising isn't. I get busy too, but please remember to eat SOMETHING

Quoting Denisethedaring:

I think about exercising a lot...yeah, I know, not helpful. :)  My job has a gym on-site, I really need to use that thing at lunchtime, except I usually end up working through lunch and half the time without even any food.  Maybe someone on here will give us BOTH good advice!

flutter523
by Tracy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
And I pay for a gym membership :0(

Quoting cjsmom1:

I don't that's why I look the way I do :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN