Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

No Sick Time For Mom

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am so frustrated this morning with my husband! Two of our four kids have the flu and so do I. So needless to say, I am feeling pretty bad and am home taking care of two other people. And he has the balls to get mad at us. I honestly don't know why he's mad but I didn't get up to help get the little ones ready this morning or pack lunch for him. (yeah- I get kids ready, cook, clean, do baths and most of the housework too- so he must be mad that he has to do it solo while I'm sick). What the hell?! I'm sick...can't I stay in bed and try to feel better? I still have to work from home, even with the flu. My boss seems more understanding than my husband does at the moment. GRR!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM

tell him to suck it up and deal with it lol I hope you feel better soon!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, no rest for the weary.  But I guarantee that if he gets sick, he will be a little baby about it and add to your workload immensely!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I would tell him to get over himself. My hubby does the same thing and it drives me batty. I end up waiting on him if needed but I can't take an hour nap? I don't think so.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting leahbeah143:

tell him to suck it up and deal with it lol I hope you feel better soon!

Yup!  Exactly.

The next time he is sick.....do the same to him to see how he likes it.  haha

mickstinator
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Bad move, Hubby! No man has ever been received well for treating Mama that way. I'm sorry, Hon. I don't know why they think that's a justifiable reason to get mad at you. : ( Hopefully you feel better soon. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Bad, bad husband. He needs remedial training pronto! Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DJAKoala
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Sorry you are not well. I feel your pain. Men are such babies when they get sick. But when we are down and out,they panic.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Feel better soon. I don't understand why men act like babies when they're sick, but we're expected to do everything when we're sick.
wendytime
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I think i might smother him in his sleep tonight. Still being a jerk even though i told him he was not being helpful and what i wanted from him. Then he told me he would not be coming near me since he doesn't want to get sick. I should have punched him with my germy fist!
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:40 AM

When you are both "feeling better" I would calmly share with him how badly you felt that the day got off to such a lousy start - not just one kid sick, but 2, and then on top of it you.  If your hubby is usually more understanding, I would go at it back-handedly and then begin by thanking him for pitching in and making those lunches and helping the other 2 kids get ready for school, and then just stop talking (here I am hoping he then says he is sorry for being crabby when he was helping out).   If he does apologize, I would just stop there, but if not I would end by just stating the fact that you felt not just physically bad in the morning, but also sad that he got angry at you.  Stop. End. Done.   Ball in his court. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN