Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

day care. ( so frustrated)

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have a four month old and three year old. The three year old has been to two daycares already. Now we r looking for one for both kids. We found one we thought we liked. I went today to drop off paper work. Now I have a bad feeling about this place. I dont know what do do? I'm so sick of looking but I know I have to go with my gut. I guess I have to start looking again. :(
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Ugh.  I hate looking for daycare, especially for two or more children.  Does your state have any sort of directory for licensed daycares?  In MO where I live has a site you can use to search for licensed providers and see regs etc

http://mo.childcareaware.org/Home.aspx

mayalove
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I have not found such a site as of yet. I'm looking for in home daycares. I can't afford the centers.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM

If you have any doubts, it isn't the place for you.  You don't want good enough for your child.  Sorry you have to start looking again.  I hate that process!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Looking for a day care is hard. I hope you can find one you like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom23Littles
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what state you're in, but in CA you have to call the county to get a list of in home daycares close to your area.  They register and license through the state and when you call, they will give you contact information of some close to you.  Do you have friends or coworkers you could ask for references?  I know I found my first in-home daycare through a co-worker who had older children.  Her children hadn't been there in years so I didn't think to ask, but the daycare was still operating so I appreciated the reference.  Also, some centers will provide a discount when you bring two or more siblings in sometimes making it more affordable so maybe don't automatically discount them?  Lastly, many community colleges run great lower cost daycare centers as operational training for their child development students and programs.  If you have any community colleges in your area it may be worth checking out. :-)  Good luck - it's so not fun, but you do keep looking until you know you've found the right place.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Also if your school district has any sort of Headstart or Preschool program they may also have an Early Headstart sort of program, one that is based off your income- that may make it more affordable.

CafeMom Tickers
christyg
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

What gives you a bad feeling? It's always best to follow your gut, but you can't over think everything too. Also, why 2 daycares already? As a home daycare provider, that would give me caution in enrolling you, depending on the circumstances.

The goal is to find a place that you can stay for a long period of time, but I know that finding just the right place is really difficult. I would suggest asking the local elementary school or local church preschool programs for some recomendations. They are usually aware of the ones used most frequently by the students. A good provider has her name "out there". 

christaberk
by Christa on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Oh, I hate looking for daycare. have you asked local friends?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WithHope
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Are you near a military base? Usually their housing offices have lists of highly recommended (and often accredited) providers. We're not military but found our provider that way and love her!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mayalove
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM
The reason it has been two day cares is the first one closed down and the second one did not have a spot for both kids.
We do not qualify for head start because we make two much money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN