Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you use cloth diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

As a working Mom, I woud like to know what you do.  We are expecting and I wish I would cloth diaper, but is this acceptable, have you been able to find child care that will be a part of cloth diapering? Any suggestions/ ideas would help!

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

The daycare doesn't do any more work than with sposies, just instead of tossing the dirty dipes in the trash they toss them in a wet bag for me and I wash them at home.  Anyone who charges extra for not throwing away a diaper would not be caring for my kids :). We did have a daycare that was not on board, I sent sposies to the daycare and only spent twenty to twenty five max on diapers each month.

Quoting sarahfire:

I don't cloth diaper myself, I have many friends who do but I think most of them stay home.

I would suggest looking for a daycare provider or nanny who is willing to do all that, and be prepared to pay them extra for the extra work.

You would probably have the best luck asking an in home daycare or individual caregivers like a nanny.

CafeMom Tickers
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM

i cloth diapered but got cheapy disposibles (something like 24 or soemthing are in a pack for like 5 or 6 bucks at aldi) for when someone else was watching my kid but that was far and few between (DH and i switched off on working schedules) so  i didnt have them in daycare so idk. but i would imagine it would be do able as long as you provide everything and wash the diapers yourself.

christyg
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I also like this one called "FLIP". Its a cover and an insert. I can re-use the cover as long as it stays clean and just replace the insert with each diaper change.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM

i used the one sized econobums.... i got 24inserts and 6 covers for $100... they were the same type of diapers as these are and it was all i used from about 6weeks until he was completely potty trained by his 2nd birthday. They still fit though, he is 2 1/2 and on the big side (i keep them for long car trips where stops may be few and far between) :D

Quoting christyg:

I also like this one called "FLIP". Its a cover and an insert. I can re-use the cover as long as it stays clean and just replace the insert with each diaper change.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I didn't, my mom really wanted me too. But it just wasn't something I was willing to try.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My cousin uses Flip diapers.  I have similar ones from Kawaii, they are solid color covers that I can change the insert with.  My "fun" diapers I got from JustSimplyBaby years ago, now they have revamped their styles and product and ydd is almost potty trained lol.

Quoting christyg:

CafeMom Tickers
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
This. Daycare is fine with it they just won't wash them.

Quoting deccaf:

I would have loved to cloth diaper, but DH was not on board.  Daycare would have been, but if DH isn't willing, then it takes a lot to do both.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ilovemyboys0321
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I do !!! I work FTplus& have clothed both babies!! It is much easier than people think!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Bump I used disposable diapers

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I didn't with our first, but I want to with this one so here's a bump :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)